Basecamp unlock

rustsleeps

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ive downloaded from garmin express to basecamp I need to unlock it so I need a device serial no.got that I also need a product key/coupon code,can someone please tell me where to get it.Thanks Mark

it all seemed to happen automagically when I connected my new Zumo 390LM to my Samsung laptop running Win8.1

I assume the Zumo firmware had a code that was transmitted to the mother ship, allowing Basecamp to transfer the mapping data within my new Zumo to the Samsung hard drive. The Express software then updated the mapping data.

It took about an hour to complete, largely due the delay in getting a connection to the server for the map updates.

Basecamp now sees my new data plus the Open Source and CN2009 data used on my old 2610.

Ive downloaded from garmin express to basecamp I need to unlock it so I need a device serial no.got that I also need a product key/coupon code,can someone please tell me where to get it.Thanks Mark

So long as your device is connected to your computer (and the device has a valid mapping update subscription) then Garmin Express will sort the serial number and product keys for you. You'll then be cooking on gas...

I purchased European maps 3 days ago tried to download on nav 4 Garmin express didn't recognise sd card rang garmin they give me options.Downloaded NW region and sent the rest to basecamp I need this code to unlock it to send to nav 4.

The device number is in small print, on a label inside the unit.

On 660 - it is under the battery I think, on a 550 - it is under the base flap.

You'll need a magnifying glass, or take a pic with iphone - and zoom in.

Al

The device number is in small print, on a label inside the unit.
Al

Al, the OP says he already has the serial number...:thumb

It's the map product code he is apparently looking for, or at least that's what it sounds like to my simple mind.
The thing is, Garmin Express has always sorted this for me and I've never needed the product code when using GE.

Downloaded NW region and sent the rest to basecamp I need this code to unlock it to send to nav 4.

If you've downloaded the map, then it's already been "unlocked".....

Garmin security won't just let you download a map randomly. You need a registered device connected before it will let you download. :thumb2

Al, the OP says he already has the serial number...:thumb

It's the map product code he is apparently looking for, or at least that's what it sounds like to my simple mind.
The thing is, Garmin Express has always sorted this for me and I've never needed the product code when using GE.

Bugger! Missread that!

Al

Don't think GE sees an SD card on a 550 if that's your device. If it is download maps to computer first & use Garmin MapInstall to transfer to device.

Edit....just noticed Its a nav IV so ignore this post.

I'm ready to smash my laptop to pieces......

I have a Garmin ZUMO 590lm, Registered it, downloaded 2016 maps to the zumo and to my Laptop via garmin express.

Basecamp tells me that i have 2016 maps but their locked and i need to unlock by clicking the link. I click the link (Garmin map unlock web page), plug in my zumo it finds it and populates the box. I type in my serial number and click "retrive unlocks" (which the blurb tells you to do for Zumos) and i get a green bit of text saying maps successfully unlocked...........................

I go back to Bascamp and....... the maps are still locked. I have repeated this loop many, many times and nothing changes!!!!!

HELP.

I cant even use the maps on my zumo (plugged into laptop when in bascamp) as it has defaulted to use the fookin downloaded maps... which are locked :mad:

Any suggestions will be gratefully received. I have googled this to death. The only thing that might be an issue is that I log on my laptop as an Administrator (some people have hinted that this might cause issues) does any of you know if this could be it and if so do i need to created a user only profile for myself to sort this?

I have used basecamp and mapsource before this with my zumo 550 for years to various degrees of success. I have always just plugged my device into the computer previously to get map detail but thought I would do it properly. Now I cannot do it at all!

Any advice appreciated.

Neil

Neil a couple of questions is it pc or mac, do you still have mapsource installed, if you do can you not go to my garmin and under manage maps click details for your device and skroll down to the bottom until you find your map, and unlock code should be there, copy and paste this into mapsource by going to utilities then manage map products then unlock regions then highlight the map and click add pop up should appear for you to enter map code. pretty sure its the same for base camp, all this is for pc i dont know about mac. hope this helps.

Leedude

It's a pc. Map source is not installed. I tried what you suggest re codes. I have records of my old 550 and a nuvi with my history of upgraded maps and when you click on details the code comes up (but these codes are for my old 2011/2012 maps.) Alongside my zumo 590lm in my account it confirms I recently updated maps to 2016 however there is no 'detail' field to click to get any codes :mad:

Neil

most odd Neil, i take it you have registered the unit, and i am right in thinking on my garmin you have the 590 picture with the blue details label missing. is that correct.

That's right leedude.

I have registered my 590 using Garmin express and when I log in to my account it is there with the serial number but no blue detail label.......

just as matter of clarification can you tell me the exact name of the map set, it should say city navigator europe NTU 2016.10

well that appears to be right, i would speak to garmin and see if its a glitch at there end, if you dont get any joy i have pmd you

Back
Top Bottom