Bmw Nav v. Can't connect to iPhone, or listen to music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyplod

Reaction score
Just bought a 14 plate GS with the BMW navigator v fitted.
I have paired my iPhone and scala rider G9x
Both are showing as connected.
The phone is greyed out and says, phone disabled connect A2DP device?????
The media app won't play music, as it says connect A2DP device.
I have installed a memory card in the unit which contains my music which played fine in my Zumo 660.
Anybody else had similar issues.

Last edited:
Loads of people.

The most common cause of frustration is that bods have not paired the devices in the correct sequence. Check that you have and then report back.

All devices are showing as connected.
I turn on helmet headset, before going out to the bike
Is there some special sequence that should be followed?.

I have a Sena, but I assume that your Scala won't be that dissimilar.

First off, you should pair your phone to the Nav V, not the Scala. This allows the Nav V to control your calls.

You then connect the Nav V to your Scala , but you connect it as a phone and not as a mere satnav. This means that you will get the A2DP connection from the Nav V to your headset, which means that as well as calls and navigation instructions, you can also use the Nav V to send stereo music to your Scala headset

I don't know how god the Scala User Manual is, but this is all set out very clearly in the Sena manual.

And one last thing, it is best to start the Nav V BEFORE starting your headset. Not sure why, but if the headset is on before you turn on the Nav V, getting a bluetooth connection is a bit hit & miss

Hipe this helps

I have a Sena, but I assume that your Scala won't be that dissimilar.

First off, you should pair your phone to the Nav V, not the Scala. This allows the Nav V to control your calls.

You then connect the Nav V to your Scala , but you connect it as a phone and not as a mere satnav. This means that you will get the A2DP connection from the Nav V to your headset, which means that as well as calls and navigation instructions, you can also use the Nav V to send stereo music to your Scala headset

I don't know how god the Scala User Manual is, but this is all set out very clearly in the Sena manual.

And one last thing, it is best to start the Nav V BEFORE starting your headset. Not sure why, but if the headset is on before you turn on the Nav V, getting a bluetooth connection is a bit hit & miss

Hipe this helps

Thanks for the above info.
I have just managed to get it all to communicate, however I think it's slightly different to the sena, in that i turned the headset on first.
It seems way way to complex.
I just hope all the devices remember their place?.
Thanks for your help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom