Guzzi Breva 1100 mpg

~Stef~

Reaction score
Looking at a Breva 1100 for sale, on board read out says avg 34mpg, are they that heavy on gas ? or possibly it hadbeen reset and just rode around town.

Looking at a Breva 1100 for sale, on board read out says avg 34mpg, are they that heavy on gas ? or possibly it hadbeen reset and just rode around town.

Feck me! I've a 3 litre Jag that averages more to the gallon than that.

it will be set up for Us gallon, though that still seems low, mine a 2005 model did 43 to the us gallon fully loaded to and back from the STD, and does UK 55mpg normally, calculated at fill up,

though the consumption went up recently to 42 US, due to the inner spark plugs needing replaced after a mere 12k miles, iridium plugs better my arse!

Mine does around 49mpg average 2 up touring. About 52 when flying solo. and its for sale!

Ended up not getting the Breva, dealer that was selling it contacted my saying they wouldnt be selling it with a warranty,excuse given was because of the distance between myself and the shop (400 miles) long story but I was suspicious something was wrong with the bike. Especially when saleman told me there was a 'slight' noise from gearbox !

It wasn't advertised as no warranty given ! so I pulled out of the deal and got my money back.
Week later same bike was back on ebay , this time add said NO WARRANTY !

Ended up not getting the Breva, dealer that was selling it contacted my saying they wouldnt be selling it with a warranty,excuse given was because of the distance between myself and the shop (400 miles) long story but I was suspicious something was wrong with the bike. Especially when saleman told me there was a 'slight' noise from gearbox !

It wasn't advertised as no warranty given ! so I pulled out of the deal and got my money back.

It's probably the rattley clutch, which disappears when the clutch lever pulled in, can sound a little frightening, if you don't know that it's perfectly normal, and nothing to worry about!

How much was the dealer one ?

The Breva has a dry clutch...
Ducati esque so to speak.

Similar to Ducati's sound like a bag of spanners when you pull the clutch lever in, they all do, it's quite normal, but unless you have experience of the model, you could think it a gearbox issue,

The guzzi two valve engines are reliable, with no known issues, considering they are up to ten years old now,
I have never heard of a modern CARC model gearbox have an issue!

I'm aware of the mechanical clatter from a Guzzi and its dry clutch, but when you have a Guzzi dealer telling you THEY have heard a noise from the gearbox and THEY WONT be selling the bike with any WARRANTY even after I offered to pay any costs in transporting the bike too and from their workshop, Then after pulling out of the deal THEY have re-advertised the bike as spares or repair, I think i made the right call.

Back
Top Bottom