S1000XR Insurance

Rich

Reaction score
I'm trying to get insurance but I paid £237 last October for a new GS and now Im being quoted £1000+
Who are you guys insured with.
Tried BMW Motorrad Insurance, Bennetts, Carol Nash so far.

My insurance is up for renewal, and so far eBike are coming in with the best deal. £340 for the XR and GSA.

On the bike insurer MCE are cheapest at £334, then eBike at £341 then Carol Nash at £467

I look for customer reviews and eBike are getting a slagging

Look closely at the Bennetts quote details because they now sometimes offer a "bundle" package which includes legal, helmet & leathers, roadside, NCB protection and personal accident. So even if the first view price may look high, you might find it worthwhile considering if the extras are included and are useful to you.

On the bike insurer MCE are cheapest at £334, then eBike at £341 then Carol Nash at £467

I look for customer reviews and eBike are getting a slagging

Same for me I've been with MCE for the past 3 years now, £334

Terry

I've gone with MCE their excess is a bit high but they were the cheapest at £332 and they include leather, helmet, personal accident and breakdown cover.
Their excess is £200 more than Carol Nash but there policy is £200 cheaper than Carol Nash.:blast

BMW quoted me £1200:pullface

I've gone with MCE their excess is a bit high but they were the cheapest at £332 and they include leather, helmet, personal accident and breakdown cover.
Their excess is £200 more than Carol Nash but there policy is £200 cheaper than Carol Nash.:blast

BMW quoted me £1200:pullface

I'll give them a call tomorrow, as I couldn't do an online multi bike quote with them. The XR was around £210 on its own, so I'll see how much difference adding the GSA makes.

I'll give them a call tomorrow, as I couldn't do an online multi bike quote with them. The XR was around £210 on its own, so I'll see how much difference adding the GSA makes.

When I had 2 bikes with them the second bike was only £40 more but it was only worth £2,000 and the GSA was the main bike

Terry

I've just gone with Principal. £188 for the XR, and £115 for the GSA :beerjug:

You must live in a dodgy area

I did the same XR with principle using my no claims and did the gs with Carole Nash on a new policy with 0 no claims disc and the saving was huge compared to multi bike policy plus with CN i get breakdown in Europe.

You must live in a dodgy area

I did the same XR with principle using my no claims and did the gs with Carole Nash on a new policy with 0 no claims disc and the saving was huge compared to multi bike policy plus with CN i get breakdown in Europe.

I've only got 5 years no claims, but I was surprised how cheap they came in. They've done the bikes on 2 policies, and mirrored the no claims bonus. The bikes have their own Europe breakdown cover with BMW.:thumb

They've done the bikes on 2 policies, and mirrored the no claims bonus.

That's very good .... I had that happen to me when I had an Electra Glide and a Rocket III

The Glide was on a multi-bike policy for up to 4 bikes but they wouldn't allow the R3 on the same policy so put it on another multi-bike policy and mirrored the NCD

I now have a total of 7 bikes on 2 policies :D

Back
Top Bottom