Upgrading suspension on a T100

Northern jock

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had the Bonneville for over a year and really like it, especially with new tyres on it. But I think the suspension could do with an upgrade, any recommendations?

Just to add, it's when you press on and hit bumps the rear can get a bit bouncy, I suspect with a passenger it would be under damped as well. Be nice to have it a wee bit stronger

Ohlins piggyback but then it'll highlight just how bad the front is so you'll need at least progressive springs there :beerjug:

I suspect the Ohlins at £600 could be a tad expensive. Is the Tec stuff any good? I see they do gas shocks for £85 a pair, price snobbery makes you think they must be crap at that price but probably just similar stuff coming out a factory in China.

Koni is reinvented is Ikon, the do shocks around 300, 2win do similar - but are they the same as the TEC stuff with badges?

My XT is simpler. It just has to be long lasting, robust and fit!

Simple answer is to just fit a set of after market shocks (preferably with springs to match your weight) - loads of choice - I went for Hagon Nitros.

.....but then you will realise that your front forks are also shit (if you have not already!). Unless you are really light the fork springs are way too soft - go for linier springs of the correct weight and something like YSS emulators - absolutely transformed my Scrambler :D

I've got emulators in the forks, can't remember the brand, transformed the bike. Still not as good as modern stuff but massive difference to standard, especially when braking, doesn't dive like it did before. Cbr600 f3 forks fit if you want proper cartridge forks and don't mind a bit of messing about.
Standard fork springs seem ok for me, I'm about 12 stone.
I had hagon shocks on the back, the£200 ish ones. They were at least twice as good as standard. I've since changed them for bitubo adjustable ones, non piggyback. These are twice as good as the hagons.

Justin

Back
Top Bottom