Quality winter hack

Tricky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok so have just finished my second bottle of Blue Nun and am about to pull the trigger on a winter hack.

2002 VFR800 VTEC.

Hope it doesn't end in tears. :D

Had a couple of cans of shandy bass before necking two bottles of wine so was off my tits when I posted last night. :blagblah

But in the cold light of day have put a deposit on it and will pick it up in a couple of weeks when back from my holiday. :thumb2

Had two 750s and a pre VTEC 800 years ago. I love these bikes. :)

This one is a clean totally standard bike with a stamped up history (24k) and has been well looked after.

Oh Bollocks! :(

I got all moist 'cos I thought from the thread title you'd bought an outfit!

Faker :p

I had a 2003 VFR VTEC for 4 years. I loved it. Great build quality and comfy. Did some good trips away. Don't get all hung up about the valve checks I have it on pretty good authority that they are rarely out of tolerance so if it is a hack I would just ride it and change the oil.

I would have another one.

Enjoy.

Shandy?:eek: And Blue Nun?:eek:

Says it all, really!:p

Looking forward to putting some miles on it over the winter. The Harley will stay in the garage due to to much chrome. The GSA LC... Well you all know the score. :D

My old pre VTEC 800 needed a biggy at 16k and then nothing major after that. A local guy still owns it and it must be getting near 100k now. Still looks good. :thumb

Thinking along the lines of this myself at present , don't fancy risking the LC in the winter shite . Might try some blue shandy later and see what I end up with .

Yours looks a decent buy if the price was good

That's far too nice for a winter hack!!!

Well winter preparation is now finished.

Oil and filter change and a good clean down wearing the Mrs marigolds. :D

A little sports rack fitted for carrying a few winter essentials. :thumb

Went for a shake down and the weather was sunny with 18 degrees plus and it felt like summer again, :blast

To clean so should I really abuse it too much? :nenau

And the last one for Davey F. Honda gives you...

An Africa Twin in 2016? Allegedly. :aidan

Have had a chance to put a few miles on this bike now and am really pleased with my (rather compulsive) purchase.

It came with a mixed tyre combination of a half worn Dunlop Sportmax on the front and a really old worn Bridgestone 020 on the back. This 020 dated back from the 16k service in 2005! :eek:

Have replaced both with a new set of Bridgestone 021s and things are a lot better. It hasn't seen many winters (until now!) but the quality of some of the fixtures, fittings and paintwork are better than my 14 plate GSA. :nenau

I know some don't - but I love the schizophrenic nature of the VTEC engine above 7k rpm and the sound even with the stock pipes on is just addictive. :D

I think its a keeper. :aidan

Very nice. My old man has a 2003 VFR. It is an awesome bike. He lives in North Wales and I have taken it for the odd blast around the valleys.

I agree with your comment re the VTEC and the change at 7000ish rpm. Always makes me smile that little bit more as you feel it pass through that magic number

Brilliant machines and will survive anything you can throw at it through the winter far better than your 'fit for summer only adventure bike'!

Great bike, had one myself in the more stealthy silver. Only thing that went wrong in 20k was a thermostat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 126

Back
Top Bottom