Principal Insurance

Damien

Reaction score
Anyone using Principal Insurance? They are a new entry into the market.

I received a renewal quotation from Carole Nash, of €712 for the two bikes.

When I asked Principal for a quote it came in at €305 for the same level of cover, thats some difference. The policy is underwritten by Zenith Insurance. It also includes EU breakdown cover and legal protection.

Damien, I 've got comp on 4 bikes with Adelaide for €305. Underwritten by RSA Insurance.
Their breakdown cover is a joke, though, so not worth paying extra for.
Carole Nash quoted a figure somewhere similar to yours but when I told them what Adelaide were charging, they immediately came back with a figure of, IIRC, €412 including European breakdown cover. I'm told their European breakdown cover IS worth having.

If Principal's policy includes EU breakdown cover that's worth having, that's very good value. Get the details on the breakdown cover. Adelaide's one will being you 15 kms to a garage, no more.

I witnessed their sh*te EU breakdown cover first hand as they left a mate to make 4 hours of back and forth phonecalls only to tell him they couldn't contact their local agent to recover his bike, this was in early July, his bike is still in France!!
They are a joke.

I got back on to Carole Nash, and told them about the Principal quote.

They came down to €400.

I have e mailed Principal to get the nitty gritty on the breakdown cover and the legal protection.

I moved to Principal for the same reason as you this year,Nash put the policy up to 500 for 2 bikes,Principal was 300 so i chanced it,they use axa breakdown cover,it aint great but a mate broke down in Wales in May and although they left him waiting for a few hours,after loads of calls they picked him up an got him 2 Dublin,if you send me or pm your email I'll send on the breakdown cover booklet,they send everything in email 2 keep costs down

Back
Top Bottom