BMW quality strikes agai

iandavid

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Out for a long ride today and on the way back the sat nav is down over the speedo. Close inspection reveals that I've lost all the bolts fixing the sat nav bar in place.

Now fixed with cable ties until first service. I think the sat nav prep is done at the factory so can't blame AJ.

Out for a long ride today and on the way back the sat nav is down over the speedo. Close inspection reveals that I've lost all the bolts fixing the sat nav bar in place.

Now fixed with cable ties until first service. I think the sat nav prep is done at the factory so can't blame AJ.

The bolts on the actual mount keep working loose on mine ! `fixed with some thread lock

And having said that I think the overall build and finish is way better than it was on the GSA LC

The bolts on the actual mount keep working loose on mine ! `fixed with some thread lock

And having said that I think the overall build and finish is way better than it was on the GSA LC

Agree the finish is far better than my GS, obviously the mothership forgot the thread lock on this occasion and all the bolts have disappeared.
Tried dynamic today wow, if dynamic is anything to go by then dynamic pro should be renamed to " fuckin mental"

Agree the finish is far better than my GS, obviously the mothership forgot the thread lock on this occasion and all the bolts have disappeared.
Tried dynamic today wow, if dynamic is anything to go by then dynamic pro should be renamed to " fuckin mental"

It is indeed fuckin mental, No faster just madder !

I call it the scary plug

Mine was loose too luckily I noticed it, but it did give me enough concern to go around the bike and check various fixings were tight. No other loose items found though.

Terry

How did you do that cos as far as I can see the bolt heads are inside the plastic trim with only the nuts on the outside. I've lost all but one nut which was sitting down beside the instruments with no bolts protruding. How many should there be?

The locking mount hasn't been a problem on the GS, I see some people have fitted this on the XR although the barrel can't be accessed easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The locking mount hasn't been a problem on the GS, I see some people have fitted this on the XR although the barrel can't be accessed easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not the mount, it's the bar that does over the instruments. All it's side bolts and nuts have disappeared!!!

Back
Top Bottom