no longer a guzzi owner

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It was with somewhat of a heavy heart that I let my Stelvio go yesterday.
I really did like that bike. Sadly it did have two major downsides.
Number one was that on ocassions it really did lack the necessary grunt to make rapid progress possible i.e long steep inclines and overtaking.

Number two was the rate at which it was depreciating.

Gave the 2015 GS another go, but still has a bloody awful gearbox and finish isn't great.

I thought at 60 I was ready for a steadier bike, but I still missed some grunt from time to time.

So, It's a Triumph Explorer for now and maybe I'll have another Stelvio in 5 years.

Steve

You didn't keep the Stelvio long?

Thought you'd go for a 1990 or 1290?

Depreciation...............how bad?

You didn't keep the Stelvio long?

Thought you'd go for a 1990 or 1290?

Depreciation...............how bad?

I really liked the 1050 and would love one as a second bike.

Once I'd decided to move on from the Stelvio it was the KTM 1190 adventure ( Not the 'R' to tall for me ) that I was almost sure I would go for.
However, once test ridden there was just to much about it that I didn't like. It was quick, but all felt a little frantic. Handled very well one fast open roads but on the tight gnarly roads the front just felt as though it wanted to tuck in on the coners and although it was very sure footed I did feel as though I was fighting it all the time.

So, the best for me at this time would appear to be the Explorer, but that's it with bike's theres' always another temptress around the corner.

Steve

I have never noticed the Stelvio Wanting in power , its no sports bike , but thats the
first time i have ever heard that one.
The Depreciation on the initial bikes was bad , but its slowing .
I too have just sold mine , but as soon as i see the right bike , i will have no hesitation
in buying another .
I still think they are a lovely machine , with Soul , and a brilliant finish .

I had a guzzi from 1980-1990 and ever since have had an itch for another. I really wanted a Stelvio but riding an early model I didn't really like it. They are now a really nice bike though. I was really tempted in 2012 by the latest model but had my head turned by the explorer so bought one of them. I might buy a new bike in the spring though and haven't decided which way to go. Residual values on a guzzi does bother me a bit though.

My first ever Guzzi arrived on Saturday. Have toyed with the idea of getting one for a while now and even tried a run on a Stelvio. I'm now the owner of a 1100ES Quota and can't wait to start getting around on it.

My first ever Guzzi arrived on Saturday. Have toyed with the idea of getting one for a while now and even tried a run on a Stelvio. I'm now the owner of a 1100ES Quota and can't wait to start getting around on it.

Whatever you do don't assume the Quota is a typical Guzzi.

Back
Top Bottom