Booked the R12R WC in for a check up

Gyp

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've finally managed to get round to booking the bike in to be checked over.

The best way I can describe the issue is a slight hesitancy, like a slight misfire when accelerating through the midrange... but only with a warm engine.

When it's cold, it's fine, but get the temp above 85C or so and it seems to go slightly off the boil (no pun intended).

Unfortunately, the soonest I could arrange was the end of November (my timescales, not the dealer's) so we'll have to see what they have to say.

I took the bike in yesterday and it all checked out OK. If a little wet...

Anyway, having finally seen a dyno curve for the bike (thanks to the Akrapovic web site), I'm wondering if what I'm feeling while accelerating (where the bike starts to pull, then eases off, then starts to pull, then eases off...) is actually nothing more than the really non-linear torque curve

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f14mx0hzsusvwld/PSX_20151115_074751.jpg[\IMG]

(Struggling to get the link right when posting from my phone... Will sort when I'm near a computer)

Screenshot_20151115-073650.png

Well there shouldn't be such a pronounced difference between hot and cold so it does sound like a genuine fault. How many miles on it?

Sorry for the delay; I've been a tad busy...

I'm starting to think that the bike's probably fine, it's just that I notice the torque curve when I'm holding one gear through the rev range. When the bike's cold I'm short-shifting to stop the dash flashing the "wait until it's warm you prat" warning bars, so it'll be staying in a more linear part of the range.

The bike has 5,000 miles or so on it.

At the moment I'm just getting on with riding it and enjoying it

Back
Top Bottom