Winter lanes/green lane bike? Suggestions plse

rjsmith26

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Am after a bike to ride in winter that needs less tlc than a WC GS, is easy to pickup and that I can have my 1st ventures on green lanes.

Question what bike?

i'm 6'4 and lanky git - 12.5 stone.

I don;t want a bike which needs an oil change every x hours or anything for wheelies/getting air etc, just to bimble around in winter on. Lecky start, 4 stroke.

So far I have been drawn to a honda crf250L but folks seem keen to also talk about Yamaha WR250R. Have had Honda road bikes before so like the build quality.

Thoughts / suggestions please?

TIA

p.s. done loads of mountain biking but not ridden off tarmac before.

DRZ400E is a good choice too, cheap, forgiving and needs oil change every 3000 miles. Stock suspension is too soft but a re-spring makes a massive difference.

What you need is a WR250R and I just happen to have one I could sell you, PM me if interested.

R1150GS with TKC80 tyres. Lead the ride and take your mates with you to help you pick it up.

I bought a CRF250L last year and for a relative novice found it great for greenlaning and a long distance trial.

WR250R sounds like it would be just the job, as long as you're as happy thrashing it as it is being thrashed.

Back
Top Bottom