Is it possible to store favourites in the Nav V....

Nick Evans

Reaction score
...without using bloody awful basecamp software?

Previously I have used TomTom units which have their issues but you can at least enter an address and store it for later; I cannot find a way of doing this with the Nav V without plugging it in. I am sure lots of people will tell me I should stick with basecamp etc., this is not about basecamp it is about Nav V so please no eulogies about basecamp.

Ta.

If you search for a location it will remember the last 50 if that helps. Not sure if you can save them as favourites. Try it you may have that option.

I have never tried it but I am fairly confident that the answer is yes you can save favourites on the device !

you have to in order to save "home" and certainly when you use the mark this place it adds it to favourites

Easy.

Search for your chosen destination.
When presented with the page that has Route, I, Go, press I then press the upper left menu bar and press save.
Give it a name.
It will then be saved in Favourites.

...without using bloody awful basecamp software?

Previously I have used TomTom units which have their issues but you can at least enter an address and store it for later; I cannot find a way of doing this with the Nav V without plugging it in. I am sure lots of people will tell me I should stick with basecamp etc., this is not about basecamp it is about Nav V so please no eulogies about basecamp.

Ta.

I agree with you about B/C so I still use Mapsource 99% of the time with my Nav V.

I agree with you about B/C so I still use Mapsource 99% of the time with my Nav V.

A piece of information that does nothing to answer the OP's question, as to how he saves favourites directly to his Nav V. As you have a Nav V how do YOU do it?

A piece of information that does nothing to answer the OP's question, as to how he saves favourites directly to his Nav V. As you have a Nav V how do YOU do it?

A good point and I also hate it when people go off-topic but as he sort of hinted that he was doing it to avoid using B/C, I wondered whether he had considered reverting to M/S. Some people don't realise that they can adjust Nav V to talk to M/S and that is a very easy method to store and transfer favourites; so I was just trying to be helpful.

To answer your question I use M/S most of the time to save/transfer favourites and only use the on-screen method outlined above when out and about and also most often to save my current location as a favourite.
For example apart from many hundreds of specific folders I keep one Mapsource (gdb) file as a sort of master where I can dip in and find most of my favourite 'favourites' and then load only the ones I want for the trip.

I don't really get why basecamp is considered so bad. I havent used it for any lengthy trips yet and admittedly never used mapsource, so didnt have to get used to a different way of doing things, but it is functional and relatively intuitive. :nenau

I don't really get why basecamp is considered so bad. I havent used it for any lengthy trips yet and admittedly never used mapsource, so didnt have to get used to a different way of doing things, but it is functional and relatively intuitive. :nenau

+1

I find BC fine too (maybe as I never used Mapsouce). Just watched a few youtube vids, had a play around and hey presto.

Thanks to OP for the original question and those the answered as this is a very handy thing to know for when you're out and about.

Back
Top Bottom