Setup Nav V-Scala G9x-iPhone 6 - Help to prevent a nervous breakdown !!!

Kobe The Dog

Reaction score
Greetings All.

Can anyone please provide step by step instructions for the proper pairing sequence/setup for NAV V , Scala G9X and iPhone 6 (2015 TE GSA) and thereby prevent my impending insanity. I have tried all the apparent combinations but always seem to end up with the incoming phone call defaulting to the Nav V rather than the G9x. (As indicated on the iPhone) and therefore I cant answer or hear the call on the G9X.
Also , I cant seem to initiate a conversation via the G9x intercom with other riders. Have updated firmware etc on G9x and reviewed my settings to the best of my ability on Cardo Community.
Should the above request for help be unsuccessful , I intend to proceed , at speed to the nearest body of water and theirin deposit aforementioned G9x into the watery depths !!!
Would an Autocom setup be a better direction ???

These are my priorities in order of importance:
1. Audio instructions from Nav V to G9X
2. Accept phone calls via Nav V ("Answer" button or voice) while on the move.
3. Make phone call from Nav V. (Bike stopped , helmet on)
4. Use Scala "Buddy" system with other riders.
5. Play Music from Nav V.

Delete all BT pairings. then pair GPS to phone and afterwards GPS to Scala. Good luck.

Ok.Removed pairing info from all three devices. Paired iPhone to GPS. 1. Phone is greyed out on nav v screen. 2.
In Bluetooth info , iPhone is shown as "connected" but phone icon is greyed out. Smart link icon is illuminated

By chance I was experimenting today with my android phone (HTC One), NAV5 and a simple bluetooth earpiece (I don't have a helmet intercom/headset yet). I had the same sort of problems you speak of Kobe The Dog.

After some cussing I realised that part of my problem was that the phone was sometimes connecting direct to Nav5 and sometimes direct to the earpiece, which threw me until I realised. After deleting the pairing between phone and earpiece things got better because the phone and earpiece ignored each other.

I then realised that if the phone is connected to the Nav5 but the earpiece isn't, the phone icon stays greyed out. Once the earpiece is connected, then the phone functions come to life. Is that the situation you are in?

Greetings All.

Can anyone please provide step by step instructions for the proper pairing sequence/setup for NAV V , Scala G9X and iPhone 6 (2015 TE GSA) and thereby prevent my impending insanity. I have tried all the apparent combinations but always seem to end up with the incoming phone call defaulting to the Nav V rather than the G9x. (As indicated on the iPhone) and therefore I cant answer or hear the call on the G9X.
Also , I cant seem to initiate a conversation via the G9x intercom with other riders. Have updated firmware etc on G9x and reviewed my settings to the best of my ability on Cardo Community.
Should the above request for help be unsuccessful , I intend to proceed , at speed to the nearest body of water and theirin deposit aforementioned G9x into the watery depths !!!
Would an Autocom setup be a better direction ???

These are my priorities in order of importance:
1. Audio instructions from Nav V to G9X
2. Accept phone calls via Nav V ("Answer" button or voice) while on the move.
3. Make phone call from Nav V. (Bike stopped , helmet on)
4. Use Scala "Buddy" system with other riders.
5. Play Music from Nav V.
as someone mentioned earlier, make sure you don't pair scala to your phone, or at least disconnect it from your phone when Nav 5 is connected at the same time. It always trips me when I occasionally take Nav 5 with me and forget to do this trick, as I 99% of my time riding I have scala talking to my phone.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sorted - I think !

Yes , using the Nav V as the hub seems to sort the connectivity issues , that and keeping the Scala off the phone.
By the way , there are some youtube videos from "Motogeek Freak" which I found very helpful , especially with regard to pairing the G9x and the GPS.

Back
Top Bottom