Crossbones

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
I really like the Crossbones and the springer front end, and have seen one (at strong money) at a local dealer.

Any opinions here on these ?

RBW.

A crossbones is 40% more to buy then a Softail of a similar age...

If you can afford it, and want it.. Buy it...

I like eating blue crayons.

OK own up. Who let our pet monkey off his chain in the V Twin Bar? :blast

I like the look of the Springer front end and it's retro look.

But which Harley owner doesn't want to look like the oldest swinger/springer in town. :D

Well if you insist. :D

On second thoughts I don't think I could match Fred's vocal range. :nenau

That song does however some up most of the regular halfwits in this err section. :rob

If it is the one in Beeston... Very nice!

I think they look class and would have bought a new one but it was discontinued the year before I got into them.

Thanks guys... all useful. Good point about the premium over softail (is it sad I like the heritage softail - no answer required).

Twizzle, yes, well its in Colwick/Sneinton now as the dealer has relocated.

I tried a cross-bones a couple of years ago when they were out and Harley did a roadshow at Holme Pierrepont in Nottingham, and other than the footboard going down as soon as I pulled out the car park I kinda liked it. Slow, heavy, but a complete laugh. I've also tried a few sportsters over the years, and more recently I flirted with the idea of the Dyna Switchback which was OK apart from the windblast from the screen position. Oh the softail slim was another whim, liked that, but realised I tend to ride my scooter faster than it let me go without any weather protection.

I think its too much £££, as whilst its got a few trinkets on it (stage 1, rear seat and sissy bar, lights 'smoked' and lots of other bits Im sure I missed), Id really like something as original as possible that hasn't been messed about for that money (which is probably not going to happen in the Harley world). In fact I'm pretty sure thats the price they were sold at new.

It was a nice Kronenbourg fueled idea, but I think I'm on the next idea to relieve myself of some discretionary spend.

RBW.

crossbones are rare... Hold their value and don't normally sit around for long... If it was my money... I'd buy a new Softail Slim...

No you fucking wouldn't! You'd " umm" and "err"..... For about three weeks.....then declare undying love for the old snotter.....realising, like Dave, your quest for another bike is as long as it is pointless........:D

No you fucking wouldn't! You'd " umm" and "err"..... For about three weeks.....then declare undying love for the old snotter.....realising, like Dave, your quest for another bike is as long as it is pointless........:D

True... Sad, but true...

Yeah and he keeps prattling on about how the ol snotter is worth 4-5k but won't spend more than a couple of hundred quid on replacing the knackered shocks that will stop him riding it into a hedge. :blast

Yeah and he keeps prattling on about how the ol snotter is worth 4-5k but won't spend more than a couple of hundred quid on replacing the knackered shocks that will stop him riding it into a hedge. :blast

excuse me.... It's £100...There is no "couple" here.....

I really like the Crossbones and the springer front end, and have seen one (at strong money) at a local dealer.

Any opinions here on these ?

Yes: It looks like a decent springer that has been crashed into a wall. The only decent ones I've seen have flat bars fitted, that improves the look no end. Alternatively you could search out a Springer Softail and save some money, or you could fit an aftermarket springer front end to a much cheaper softail and spend some money on powder coat and pirate graphics :green gri

is it sad I like the heritage softail.

No, provided you rip all the crap off it that makes it look like a tarts handbag, then put some flat bars on it and spend some money on powder coat ........ there's a theme here ;)

A mate had one. Said it looked fantastic (not my thing personally...) but handled like shite !

Back
Top Bottom