Brecon Beacons

Deleted Member 001

Recently rode 2,500 miles (ish) around the country, and can safely say that my favourite road was the A4059 - from the end of the dualled section out of Swansea up to Merthyr and through to the Brecon Beacons - it's not the longest in the world, but it's by far one of the best - on a clear day, it stretches out in front of you like a map. At the end, it looks like this:
DSCF0083_JPG.jpg

How pretty is that??

What's more, the A49 is horrid - stay away from it at all costs - slow, full of lorries, tractors, and other agricultural implements, and plenty of coffin dodgers determined not to let you pass, but to drive as slowly as they can whilst keeping you behind them.

Agree about the road but watch out for kamikaze sheep, there's loads of them up there.

At the end, it looks like this:

Yes A4059 was a cracking ride this morning at 9a.m, I will second that and my mate on his XJ900 will third that. :clap :D

Set off at 6.30a.m. and required heated grips at No 2 (still wearing summer riding gloves ) :thumb

But was not just a reservour at the end.... :mcgun

There must have been some sort of Subaru event or Evo event, cos loads were passing by -and loads may be getting letters in the post within the next 14 days :eek:

Attachments

• End of A4059 speed camera.JPG
    End of A4059 speed camera.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 689
Wales Rally GB - Today was the Crychan/Halfway/Epynt stages with a special in the Milenium Stadium this evening.

I'm using the GS to run the TV discs between the stages and the Rally Service Centre at M4 Jn 46.

Will be doing the Resolven stages tomorrow and then at the podium in the Milenium Stadium at the end.

Deleted Member 001 said:
Recently rode 2,500 miles (ish) around the country, and can safely say that my favourite road was the A4059 - from the end of the dualled section out of Swansea up to Merthyr and through to the Brecon Beacons - it's not the longest in the world, but it's by far one of the best - on a clear day, it stretches out in front of you like a map. At the end, it looks like this:
DSCF0083_JPG.jpg

How pretty is that??

At the water there (jsut where you are), turn left, slightly back on yourself - the road to Yestrafelte/Neath. That is an absolute and total corker.

I'm going again in two weeks time (I am the elusive "deletedmember001"), and will perhaps try the white road through Yestrafelte - I'll let you know!

Back
Top Bottom