Bit the bullet - bought a Nav v last Saturday!

Khulu

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As a dedicated map person it took a long time (a few missed roads in Italy this year) to convince me to buy a Nav V. I like the idea of having an altimeter on my GSA TC while touring the alps and I hope the Nav V will be able to give me that. I say hope because considering it's a very expensive piece of kit the instruction book (in about 42 different languages) is particularly CRAP! I've read about "basecamp" on these pages so, once I register it tonight on Garmin, I'll investigate that. (No mention in the handbook! Mind you, the handbook doesn't mention much about anything). I have the 4-button version and I picked the correct cable connector to hook up to the bike and it worked. Someone else mentioned about a spare connector and lead here and mine also has that but no info. as to what it's for. I've covered mine in black tape and secured it. No doubt all my Nav V learning will be through these pages. I'll still be travelling with all the relevant maps next summer as well though!:bounce1

Back
Top Bottom