Breakdown cover to cover Croatia, Montenegro and Bosnia-Herzegovina....

chrismckay

Reaction score
Is their a specific company that you guys use on your overseas trips?

The company that I have used in the past does not cover these countriies....

Chris....:D

I went to Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia and back in 2014 on a ten year old 1150GS with 100k miles on it and no breakdown or recovery cover at all. I suppose my point is, if you know and trust your bike you'll be happy enough to go ahead anyway. Enjoy :thumb2

Have a look at Brittania recovery, they covered me out as far as croatia and i think they cover the others

The AA will charge you over £100 for cover for a two week trip. Have you tried BMW or ADAC? BMW cover you for all these countries but not Ukraine (where I'm visiting this August, briefly). I've still to enquire with ADAC.

Worth looking at a Nationwide Flex Account Plus.
Full Euro and Uk breakdown and recovery for you and anyone driving a vehicle registered to you.
Also includes worldwide family travel insurance and a load of other stuff for a tenner per month.
Covers motorhomes,caravans etc as well.

breakdown cover - check, health cover - check, support vehicle - check - let the wilderness adventure begin :rolleyes:

breakdown cover - check, health cover - check, support vehicle - check - let the wilderness adventure begin :rolleyes:

ADAC, INCLUDES MEDICAL REPATRIATION AS WELL. Oops sorry about shouting:thumb2

Most include Croatia now the country is in the EU.

When I have been outside the territorial limits of my breakdown cover I didn't worry too much about it - I was never very far from the border of an included country. If I had experienced a breakdown it would not have been too difficult to get a friendly local to lob the bike into the back of a van and transport it to the border where one could phone for help.

carole nash comes with over seas brake down never had to use it tho

Read the small print of any euro wide breakdown recovery. I had Carol Nash and broke down in Europe and was told they will take you to nearest authorised dealer and thats that. If you have not got the money to repair the bike they advise you to sell your bike and they will give you the difference in what they decide is the value of your bike in Uk. Also,the towing cover was 250 euro. I know this as I have used it.
The abs integral pump went on a bmw and the dealer wanted 2000 euro to repair it. I asked to be towed to a friend so I could fix it myself and was told only 250 euro of towing . I paid and extra 50 euro to get to my friend and repaired it myself. And they will pay accomadation untill dealer is open but then its up to you until your bike is repaired. This was a number of years ago so might have changed.

Back
Top Bottom