Any Moto Guzzi Breva 1100 owners on here?

MikeS

Bloke
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am having problems getting the tank back on after doing the valve clearances.

I can't get the main tank bolt at the rear to line up despite pushing the tank forwards like mad it won't quite go.

I have checked to make sure there is nothing preventing it sliding forward on the rubber mounts.

The tank bolt has been removed for a couple of weeks and as it is a plastic/fibre glass tank I am thinking it may have expanded slightly.

Has anyone else had this happen.

I know I should ask this on a Guzzi forum but I don't want to pay the £20 unless I really have to.

Guzzi tech has an active forum for Breva etc. and you can post on there without paying a sub. http://www.guzzitech.com/forums/

I had a similar problem to you with my 1200 Sport. In the end I found I could start the thread of the main rear fixing bolt with the tank lifted up by an inch or so. Once the bolt was threading in properly by a 2 or 3 turns I dropped the tank and tightened the bolt.

I am having problems getting the tank back on after doing the valve clearances.

I can't get the main tank bolt at the rear to line up despite pushing the tank forwards like mad it won't quite go.

I have checked to make sure there is nothing preventing it sliding forward on the rubber mounts.

The tank bolt has been removed for a couple of weeks and as it is a plastic/fibre glass tank I am thinking it may have expanded slightly.

Has anyone else had this happen.

I know I should ask this on a Guzzi forum but I don't want to pay the £20 unless I really have to.

They always do that :D

push harder, whilst someone else puts the bolt in ;)

more help on

http://guzziriders.org/

change the bolt to an Allen bolt ,put a cone on the bottom , to get it in the frame, trim the tank front mounts a little bit . all the plastic tanks are doing this to some extent.
when you park it up in the winter , drain the tank and leave the filler open and it will reduce its growth .

i once swopped tanks on a v7 , i had 1.5 litres left over in my jerry can , it had grown that much .

Back
Top Bottom