Honda SP1 (RC51) restoration?

jp842

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have acquired this Honda SP1 (rc51) and wondering if it's worth restoring or make it into a Streetfighter. Has anyone had experience of doing one of these? It does run which is something I suppose.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 966
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 992
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 997
Do you have any bodywork? SP1 's make good money but original plastics may make a full rebuild expensive.
Steve

Depends what you paid for it, how much you want to spend, whether it's for profit or to keep etc...etc...etc..

The sad end of what was once a very nice bike.

Break it up, sell the bits and put it out of its misery.

If the bike in the photo is all you have to start with I'd day you are pissing in the wind having any thoughts of restoring it to its former glory

Break it, sell the bits and move on :comfort

I have a seat unit, exhausts and headlamps etc but no fairings which is bound to be expensive. I think the sound advice to get rid is the one I will go for. Thanks guys.

And the price will be ???? :)

So, jp842 has not given you a price but has said 'Make me an offer'......

Offer him a pound. He WILL reply 'It's worth more than that' !!!!.....

You say 'How much do you want for it then' ??....I HAVE made you an offer !!!.....

Make me an offer/No offers.....Biggest feck about in buying/selling......Put a price on it, it DOESN'T stop anyone making an offer......:rob

More info required, written off? galactic mileage, V5, history, documents/keys etc etc

I do tend to agree with the above, and to be perfectly honest, I have no idea what it's worth, I'm more a 2stroke man :)

Get a daytime MOT, tidy up the loose wiring, get any old silencer of eBay
stick the number plate back on and ride it...

Back
Top Bottom