USA map card

ahg

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

I am a bit stuck regarding buying a USA map data card.

At present UK Nav 5 has a generic non-map data card as after updating Euro maps unit memory warning came up. Card added all was good.

I want to use the Nav 5 in USA so thought fine, just buy a card, plug it in and good to go. My concern is that the Garmin USA map data card will be 100% dedicated to the map and have no overspill space for routes, camera info etc.

Does anyone know if this is the case or does the map data card have some storage space too?

Cheers
Harry

An alternative

I used these maps when I went to the States a couple of years ago. Did everything I needed. The only thing I remember missing was speed limits but that was hardly the end of the world.

Benefit - you just customise the routes you need rather than the whole of the US.

http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

Hi

I am a bit stuck regarding buying a USA map data card.

At present UK Nav 5 has a generic non-map data card as after updating Euro maps unit memory warning came up. Card added all was good.

I want to use the Nav 5 in USA so thought fine, just buy a card, plug it in and good to go. My concern is that the Garmin USA map data card will be 100% dedicated to the map and have no overspill space for routes, camera info etc.

Does anyone know if this is the case or does the map data card have some storage space too?

Cheers
Harry

How much spare memory is left on the device?

i bought a usa maps on the micro chip i just plugged it in to my zumo 660 it worked a treat,if you want to lend it giz a shout when you are going

The only thing I remember missing was speed limits but that was hardly the end of the world.

It might have been useful though eh:D

Just buy a Garmin card and plug in and you will be good to go. That's all I do on my 660 but I only use mine as a back up to be honest. You won't need the camera thing as there aren't any :thumb.

i bought a usa maps on the micro chip i just plugged it in to my zumo 660 it worked a treat,if you want to lend it giz a shout when you are going
Fizzer, can you remember where you got your micro chip (sd card) from? We're going in July. Thanks.

Thanks Guys

Thanks for all the advice/info.
I will buy a card and use my nav 5 then I can use over here to plan USA routes with base camp too.
Cheers
Harry

Would it not be better to download the usa maps from garmins site (paid for) and install it to your pc , then the maps are there for you to view, use to create routes, and send just the part of the usa map that you will be visiting to a suitably sized sd card. just a thought

Back
Top Bottom