PDA

View Full Version : good route from spa to the black forest

steve77
06-04-05, 20:11
Been lurking for a while seems like the best place to get advice on a route from spa belgium to freudenstadt in the black forest staying for five days already read on this site about the 500 at Baden Baden any other roads in the area worth a look

steve

sorebums
06-04-05, 22:52
Steve

I usually head for the Mosel at Cochem, ride down the Mosel and then the rhine valley - visit a castle... The motorway from Boppard area to Heidelberg - great town, beer, food.

Simon

Deleted account rno
07-04-05, 00:14
Schwartzwald Hochstrasse is a great road.

The Deutscher Weinstrasse which begins 1km from Weissemburg /Wissembourg(France/Germany border) near Landau is another great route in this area. It meanders through lovely villages and countryside for 80kms. Rhodt and St Martins near the start of the route are well worth a look.

Ronno

Deleted account rno
07-04-05, 00:16
Originally posted by steve77
Been lurking for a while seems like the best place to get advice on a route from spa belgium to freudenstadt in the black forest staying for five days already read on this site about the 500 at Baden Baden any other roads in the area worth a look

steve

Sorry Steve,

Just noticed your Posts number...Welcome aboard!

Ronno
:beerjug:

Stoney
07-04-05, 07:06
This site has recommended bike routes highlighted on the maps. I'm doing the Eiffel one in a couple of weeks.

http://www.uem-online.com/em/index-map.php?nr=mr10vor

Tim Cullis
07-04-05, 09:41
Brilliant biker roads in the Johanniskreuz/Kaiserslautern area are the B48, L499, K40, K58, K17 and K18.

Tim

Deleted account rno
07-04-05, 22:01
Originally posted by Zmeagol
Brilliant biker roads in the Johanniskreuz/Kaiserslautern area are the B48, L499, K40, K58, K17 and K18.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I think that some of the roads in the Johanniskreuz area are now banned to bikers (maybe just on certain days I'm not certain about that). I'll quiz my bro in law tomorrow as he lives near 'lautern. Agreed tho...great roads.

Cheers
Ronno

Tim Cullis
25-05-05, 10:37
From http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Cabana/5246/firstthoughts.html

The Pfalzer Wald National Forest offers great recreational opportunities and some of the best motorcycle roads my husband has ever seen in Germany. Route B48 South from Hochspeyer is a sport-rider's dream. Motorcyclists meet at a restaurant at the Johanniskreuz crossing about 16 km south of Hochspeyer on the weekends to check out each other's bikes and swap stories. It is just like Deal's Gap in North Carolina. But, due to the heavy volume of motorcycles and frequent accidents due to racing, the polizei close part of the road (to Elmstein) to motorcycles every weekend.

sven
26-05-05, 21:22
Originally posted by Ronno
Schwartzwald Hochstrasse is a great road.

Except on Bank Holiday weekends, when it turns into a Sunday driver infested hell :(

The C roads parallel to the B500 are just as interesting and traffic-free.

Sorebums is spot on - follow the Rhine to Boppard and then jump on the Autobahn to Heidelburg - a great place to spend the evening.