Alternative ADV bike

ooh now hang on a minute, a scooter that I would actually consider buying..

Nice find

Dear God...more adventure bollocks! :blast

(Come the apocalypse, even the scooter riders will be catered for)

Riding our UK roads is an adventure on a sports bike. I seriously think this is why slightly more off road bias bikes (GS's etc) are so fashionable. Also, kids find it harder and more expensive to pass a big bike test than we did years ago and if they do, it costs them a Queens ransomer to put them on the road so, older men probably buy most big bikes. Older men can't crouch over a sports bike for long without back ache ( I can't) and a lot of older men are too fat for a sports bike (I'm not). Hence the so called "Adventure bike"..........Am I talking bollox again?

Older men, what's that all about ??, older than who......but well spotted on the bollox front......

Riding our UK roads is an adventure on a sports bike. I seriously think this is why slightly more off road bias bikes (GS's etc) are so fashionable. Also, kids find it harder and more expensive to pass a big bike test than we did years ago and if they do, it costs them a Queens ransomer to put them on the road so, older men probably buy most big bikes. Older men can't crouch over a sports bike for long without back ache ( I can't) and a lot of older men are too fat for a sports bike (I'm not). Hence the so called "Adventure bike"..........Am I talking bollox again?

I know all that and agree mostly. I was commenting on the whole 'adventure' marketing bollocks, i.e. sticking an 'adventure' title on everything. You can no longer go on holiday on your bike, you have to have an adventure trip. Even a weekend away on the bike is now a 'mini adventure' it seems.

If you narrowly escaped being eaten by crocodiles but were only saved by your up to now pointless and over the top Touratech crashbars that stopped the said amphibian from getting within 5 feet of you on your weekend away in the amazon basin then fair comment, it's an adventure. If you rode to Dover and caught the chunnel and stayed in a charming chateau in the Loire Valley, I'm guessing the most adventurous part would have been whether to put Nutella on your croissant at the 'petit dejouner' table for fear of being thought gauche.

Everything also has to have knobblies even scooters it seems. It's just the nauseating title I have issue with – I say an issue...not really much of an issue but enough to make me 'tut' quietly in a mildly disappointed kind of way.

Truth be told there is probably a large percentage of Tossers who will end up riding scooters as that's all their old bones will be able to manage :moped:

I like Bryn's Honda scooter. I don't subscribe to the theory that a bike has to be near 1300cc to be any fun.

How about this ? In a similar vein ....

A whole "adventure bike " for $3500 us?

The CSC RX3 Cyclone is the perfect motorcycle for real-world adventure touring, off-road excursions, rides around town, or simply commuting to work. It is equipped with a solid and smooth 4-valve, overhead cam, counterbalanced, electric start, water-cooled 250cc engine, Delphi fuel injection and electronics, a six-speed transmission, and a standard equipment package that includes a tall windscreen, adjustable suspension, panniers and top case, dual sport tires, engine guards, skid plate, and much more. With an 84-mph top speed, this bike will get you there and back. Whether your trip is around the block or around the world, this is the perfect bike. It is a true adventure touring motorcycle that’s proven itself in the 10,000 km Brest-Dushanbe Rally, a rugged ride through Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan, in our inaugural Baja run, and more recently on our 5,000 mile Tour of the West, which you can follow on our blog! The only questions are what color do you want your new CSC RX3 to be and where are you going to ride? Alaska? Canada? Baja? Tierra del Fuego? It’s that good.

Attachments

• ZRX3-O-2T.jpg
    ZRX3-O-2T.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 183

Don't tell me...you're selling it after you and your son have enjoyed it for a few years...am I right? :bounce1

I like Bryn's Honda scooter. I don't subscribe to the theory that a bike has to be near 1300cc to be any fun.

The CSC RX3 Cyclone is the perfect motorcycle for real-world adventure touring, off-road excursions, rides around town, or simply commuting to work. It is equipped with a solid and smooth 4-valve, overhead cam, counterbalanced, electric start, water-cooled 250cc engine, Delphi fuel injection and electronics, a six-speed transmission, and a standard equipment package that includes a tall windscreen, adjustable suspension, panniers and top case, dual sport tires, engine guards, skid plate, and much more. With an 84-mph top speed, this bike will get you there and back. Whether your trip is around the block or around the world, this is the perfect bike. It is a true adventure touring motorcycle that’s proven itself in the 10,000 km Brest-Dushanbe Rally, a rugged ride through Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan, in our inaugural Baja run, and more recently on our 5,000 mile Tour of the West, which you can follow on our blog! The only questions are what color do you want your new CSC RX3 to be and where are you going to ride? Alaska? Canada? Baja? Tierra del Fuego? It’s that good.

That'd make a cracking commuter... still prefer the Honda one though :D

Any bike will make a round the world tool....some better than others, some more of a challenge than others :cool: I bet a Honda super scoot would make a pretty good and relaxing job of circumnavigation of the globe

They have a video here . (Pity the guy didnt remove his Rolex ,perhaps stop using the pointer before making the film, it makes him seem like a patronising wealthy (rip-off) importer when you'd actually wish him well with his nice business.)

Back
Top Bottom