Honda Montesa 4Ride

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just seen this in More Crap News .
I'm sure the keyboard warriors on here will rip it to shreds,but it does seem an interesting concept-half trials bike/half enduro bike with a decent seat and space for your sarnies.
I bet Timolgra would get one if he had £6k burning a hole in his Twat Suit !!!

montesa-4ride-is-a-fantastic-go-anywhere-enduro-trial-street-legal-bike-video-photo-gallery-101791_1.jpg

It won't be any good for it's intended use.......................I have one and it's definitely only a one trick pony;)

JB. Can you expand on that.

What is its best 1 trick?

Maybe but it'll be long after I've given up sex and started playing golf.

Compared to my own dirt bike it would be competently bland, much the same as the AT WILL become when compared to Arsey's 950 SE.

Like the Freewind an interesting concept for those who need their bikes to be easier to ride but fall far short as does any compromise. :)

JB. Can you expand on that.

What is its best 1 trick?

Well, it's a Trials bike first and foremost and is even more Trials orientated than the KTM Freeride isn't

Apart from the tank seat unit, being more dualsport than the Trials bike version, it's the same (yes, I know they've added 1" more to the front suspension travel, rear is the same and slightly increased the gearbox cog ratios, but not significantly)

Fitting a rear pukka knobbly could be interesting as it's a tubeless only rim, so only a tubeless Trials tyre will work, I expect

The Trials bike version is £750 less and still comes with a seat you can take off

Another take on the niche market that isn't quite a trials bike, and isn't quite a trail bike. Beta's X-trainer looks like a better idea, bit more of a soft enduro bike.
May be persuaded otherwise by a dealer lending me one for long term appraisal. :D
Mark

I have the Sherco 290 X-Ride, which is a similar concept, it's a trials bike with a seat and I love it, it is no enduro bike though, the suspension is not designed for that.

The engine is a peach as it is the same 290 2-stroke engine as the trials bikes so you have all the grunt you need for climbs and it is almost impossible to stall.

You can get the X-ride for £5k new.

The GS will laugh at this bike as it tries to combine miles with GS type soft-roading. The Montesa would never make it to the ferry on time.
An Enduro machine will laugh at it as it races past on a fast section...only to be passed while the rider struggles to pick it up off the floor for the 10th time.
The Montesa will laugh at both as it watches them struggle in technical sections and even more when it gets to the top of the mountain first, assuming our GS's can get anywhere near a mountain.

Horsees for corsees. :blagblah

I am fortunate enough to have both bikes (GS/Mont) - they're both incredible. End of.

Back
Top Bottom