Summertime Weekday evening pogo sessions

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We did one last year, and it was a good evening out for a muddy bimble with good company...sadly, it was late in the year and the nights drew in before we got any more in......

So shall we do it again this year...maybe every other weds night or just ad-hoc, just a couple of hours riding, a pint and a packet of crisps and the usual BS talked??

I quite fancy doing that Bluebell hill route again (remember Speggo nearly getting the pots wedged in that 'v; rut lol!!!), going up and down it, with a few more lanes that are close by.

No dates in mind yet, but probably soonish after Land's End.

Nothing too serious, but a chance to get out into the countryside with friends for a few hours stress relief around Kent/Essex.

Who's up for it??

:D

I might have some Bill, how rough does it get?

Steve

As rough as you want it mate ;)

no, seriously, this isn't a Blue Sweeper all day mudplug, where you get up the next day and feel like you've been squished by a 32 tonner......I see this as a casual ride on a warm evening, a few muddy bits taken nice and slow, a few technical bits (like that chute up the chalk downs...that was good fun ;) ) and then a quick drinky and chill time before heading home.

Speggo did the evening on his Adv last year (pics are on here somewhere, there was a ride report) and we had a laugh...that's all it's supposed to be.

It'd be fun for everyone to take turns in sorting a route and leading too.....

Let's see who else is up for it and we can take it further.

B

'k, great- I'll take a look at the diary later and see when lighting up time gets to a sensible hour, then post a suggested route/meeting etc.

After this weekend, I'll be on a knobblied Adv though- no more skinny bike wussing out.

Course you are Stumpi old son, Fanum's only bringing his GS so's he can use his panniers as stabilisers to keep him upright.
stumpi said:
I'd be interested, so long as its not too far from me, although am I allowed to come on my pogo....

BS Talked

Me and the boy's will have some of that! We usually go for a bit of a raid on our skinny bikes in the after-evenings, work permitting that is. Might be a good chance to meet some of you blokes. Cheers, Mark.

Ride outs

Newbie here, don't know much about bikes, (mechanically speaking) and haven't done much off roading, but would love to join in the fun sometime!

Based in East London

yup me too.

if we make it a regular day i can arrange my diary round it, and different people can host/guide it.

Coolies.

From May 1st until the middle of Aug, sunset in Kent is 8-30 ish or later, so I'll get a post up straight after Llangollen about the first ride :thumb.

ride outs

Fanum,

Was wondering about those rideouts? Are they going to happen? Or have I missed something?

BTW I don't get out of work 'til 18:30 or 19:00 so depending on where they are I might not be able to make it down anyway, tube home, get bike, get to where ever oh it's nine o'clock....

What about weekends??

Oooer.....I'd forgotten all about arranging one!!

:rolleyes:

Anyone any thoughts about having one soon??

How about Weds the 15th, starting from Eynsford and doing pretty much the same route as we did last year (including that steep chute climb that was fun ;) )

I'll be on the Adv, so it won't be too tough, but wtf, I'm game to take it up there :D

Thoughts??

As soon after 1800 as we can, a few hours riding then a pint ??

It shouldn't be too difficult to arrange a meet for someone who can't make it out until 1900 ish to join up with us .

stumpi said:
Where's Eynsford Bill??

attachment.php

N51 22.097 E0 12.599

Or in English, 2 miles from the M25 J3.

Nice but expensive pub, and a nice ford right outside to start the evening with ;)

ford1.jpg

ford3.jpg

Bill, I'll be there. 'Bout time you made this event happen.... it's been far tooooooooo long.:rolleyes:

Would've chanced it but we're off on hols on the bike in France then thank :eek::eek::eek::eek:!!
:D :D

Steve

Back
Top Bottom