A little Classic 'teaser' for you:

Voyager

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Last Friday I was in Kinlochleven for Day-1 of the Scottish Pre-'65 Trial (bloomin' cold riding the 100GS across Rannoch Moor and through Glen Coe, in snow, in the early morning :eek:).

Amongst all the beautifully restored/maintained/created bikes I saw this oddity . . .

It started life as a BSA Bantam, but where did that motor come from ??

I recognised it - but do you ?????

Clue: Its a 250cc four-stroke twin and is strangely appropriate . . . . . .

DSC_5371_zpsyyzucsb0.jpg

DSC_5811_zpsbg5rjzrs.jpg

There is a 'give away' on the timing side, so I'll put those pics up later.

An interesting concept that was going well :D.

Bob.

I'm probably wrong but I had a BSA Sunbeam scooter (a dreadful machine always catching fire) that had an engine a bit like that but my memory is fading

I think you are right also a Triumph Tina

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 420
Yup - Granny got it :thumb.

Its from a BSA Sunbeam scooter, a bit like this which is a Triumph Tigress (badge engineering was all the rage back then!).

DSC_1403_zpsmffr1gcm.jpg

DSC_1404_zpsrm1shonb.jpg

The reason I didn't show the offside will now become plain ;).

DSC_5369_zpsfflh1dte.jpg

DSC_5370_zpslpka6tg6.jpg

DSC_5372_zpsz7zwv79s.jpg

DSC_5373_zpsb3abfv2q.jpg

DSC_5441_zpsl4ctzhkm.jpg

There were a few interesting 'trials conversions'; how about a Zundapp with an Ariel Arrow motor ??

DSC_5416_zpsxkt6igk0.jpg

DSC_5420_zps4tomcvae.jpg

DSC_5464_zpsygn7fmyi.jpg

DSC_5465_zpsvpzoit7b.jpg

I took over 800 pictures :blast. When I've put them up on Photobucket I'll post a link for those who are interested.

Bob.

That will be me then. :thumb Mark

Now I'm confused (not difficult these days I know) :confused:.

The BSA/Sunbeam is in the programme as being entered by Stuart Melling of Wigan.

The Zundapp was entered by Harry Stanistreet of Derby.

So which are you associated with (and can you supply some more info on it) ??

Cheers.

Bob.

Now I'm confused (not difficult these days I know) :confused:.

The BSA/Sunbeam is in the programme as being entered by Stuart Melling of Wigan.

The Zundapp was entered by Harry Stanistreet of Derby.

So which are you associated with (and can you supply some more info on it) ??

Cheers.

Bob.

That will be me then = I will be interested (in the pics.)

OK, I get it now - something has changed :confused:.

When I first read the reply it said "That'll be me then" under a repeat of my pictures, now it says that under my comment about uploading pictures. No wonder I'm confused. Is the updated site throwing a wobbly or was the original post edited (not that it matters now) ??

My 'Broadband' is incredibly slow and uploading pics is a labour of love - don't hold your breath!

Bob.

Bob if they are huge then it will take an age

There is a free program out there called PixResizer which allows you to resize a whole folder of pictures in a few minutes reducing them from a Megabyte or more each to a decent quality 150Kilobyte at the press of a button (and a selection of picture size too)

There are 819 pictures of around 6Mb each. The file size is 4.83Gb.

I'm uploading six at a time :blast.

I was using my Nikon D200 set to its highest resolution with an 18-200 DX VR lens (I like to zoom in and count the rivets :D).

I guess I should investigate that package.

Bob.

This is a good link http://download.cnet.com/PixResizer/3000-12511_4-10607499.html

Once you start using it you wonder why not before

When you open it up you will find two tabs at the top

single file and multiple file

Single is for one picture

Multi for a folder

Choose your picture source file i.e. Blogworthy bike show

for destination file what I usually do is create a file inside the source file and simply name it "smaller" There is a button on the source selection pop up with new folder on it

Adjust the slider for "larger size" Modern stuff is good with 1000

set the "select the file format" to JPEG

and then click the save files button

Have fun

Even really big images view fine on webpages with a size of around 120 kb (my preferred when building the bike club website ) but more modern stuff copes quite well with 180 - 250 kb

Excellent, I know that Ariel it's sounds fantastic during a trial.

There is a free program out there called PixResizer which allows you to resize a whole folder of pictures in a few minutes reducing them from a Megabyte or more each to a decent quality 150Kilobyte at the press of a button (and a selection of picture size too)

Thanks for the pointer. I downloaded the program and put it to work - it was very effective.

Being able to re-size a whole file is very useful, prior to that I was using 'Photoshop Elements 12' to re-size individual pictures.

I've no excuse now for not putting up loads more pictures!

Cheers.

Bob.

Back
Top Bottom