Cada Dia - Yamaha XSR700

(RIP) Tunneruk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As some of you may know I've started writing regular articles in the workshop section of Motorcycle Sport & Leisure Magazine. The editor John is building their long term project bike. It's a Yamaha XSR700 which he's named "Cada Dia" which is Spanish for "Every Day" The premise for the bike is to fit in with Yamaha's 'Yard Built' theme, essentially taking one of their bikes and making it your own using aftermarket parts but without resorting to cutting or welding to any extent. It's a custom bike that anyone can build. The idea is that Yamaha display this bike next to a standard version in order to demonstrate how easily one can create their own bike. "Here's the standard bike but with a few mods and accessories you could make it look like this"

John emailed me earlier this year and asked if I'd do the paint on his project bike.

This Particular bike is going to be on display on the Yamaha stand at the NEC bike show in November .... No pressure then!! :eek:

Here it is when it arrived ....

IMG_1207 by tunneruk, on Flickr

So I stripped it down, prepped it and painted the base coat. It's an off white metallic ..

IMG_1232 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_8282 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_8287 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Let the fun begin! As always, it's all paint, no vinyl or stickers!

IMG_1302 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_1303 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_1310 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_1315 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_1318 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_1330 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_8308 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_8313 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_8315 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_8329 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_8361 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_8367 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_8393 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_8347 by tunneruk, on Flickr

That's a grand job.........looks way better than the original. I also like the XSR900 in Speed Block Yellow as well. Gurt Lush!

Great paint as always Chris..

I dont like the way the bike looks tho'....they never look quite right to me, and no fantastic paint job hides the awful "styling"..IMHO

Nowt wrong with your work but that bike looks shit :barf, waste of your very good talents.
That area under the front of the tank just looks wrong, for me. :flag

Hope you got a mention :rob :clap:clap:clap

Indeed he did, there's a nice piece following the main article that provides some details of the build.

Whilst the words are very flattering for CT, the photos tell the real story - blokes standing around chatting, with mugs of tea...:D

Back
Top Bottom