Gracie and me round Ireland ...

Micky

Never knowingly understood
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sue and myself hoping to ride in Ireland in July. Off the ferry at Larne and head west along the Antrim Coast, Donegal, then down the west coast along the Wild Atlantic Way and down to the south west corner. Done most of it before, at various times, and have plenty of accommodation once across in the west ...

... but any suggestions for hotels along the north coast would be most welcome :thumby:

For myself I could settle down for the night on the sofa in the visitors centre at Bushmills :D

Will return via the Rosslare ferry to Fishguard.

Many thanks

Micky
:beerjug:

Sounds great trip, pls do pass on yr route highlights! Missus and i stayed at carricklodge@hotmail.co.uk in Limavady when we were at NW200. Truly great BnB, plan was to move around but we just stayed put and commuted to all the touristy stuff in the end. Bit remote but suited us!

Not sure about accommodation (the Stonehouse B&B in Baltimore is very good) - and this might not be your thing - but while in the south west, try to fit in a trip with one of the boats from Whale Watch West Cork - Nic Slocomb's Voyager or Jerry Smith's Wave Chieftain are fine boats and the skippers really know their stuff (Nic's a marine biologist and Jerry's an engineer on the local RNLI boat). There are almost always many species of whales & dolphins to be seen - humpbacks & common dolphin yesterday:

https://www.facebook.com/whalewatchwestcork/?fref=nf

Have a great trip. :thumb2

Baltimore was where the Barbary Pirates raided and ran off (or sailed off maybe!) with any locals who could not leg it fast enough?

Have you read "McCarthy's Bar" Micky? If not, treat yourself. Laugh out loud stuff. Then visit some of the places mentioned in it! (Not forgetting the South Pole too of course!)

Baltimore was where the Barbary Pirates raided and ran off (or sailed off maybe!) with any locals who could not leg it fast enough?

Have you read "McCarthy's Bar" Micky? If not, treat yourself. Laugh out loud stuff. Then visit some of the places mentioned in it! (Not forgetting the South Pole too of course!)

Thanks folks :thumby:

Indeed we Have read that Peter ... and visited some of the places. 'Round Ireland With A Fridge' by Tony Hawks also a corker :thumb

'The South Pole Inn' too, this time will visit Tom Crean's resting place in the nearby cemetery ... read his book too 'Unsung Hero'

Thank for the heads up on the Whale watching PhaedrusMC. Sue will def want to go while we're down that way :thumby:

Edit ... thanks for that too JJH (post below)

as you are traveling South along the Wild Atlantic Way if you stop at Doolin pier you can take a boat ride to see the Cliffs Of Moher. Fitzpatricks hotel is a good spot for lunch and popular with bikers. JJH

On the north coast you could try the Fullerton Arms in Ballintoy Micky. We used it on the MMMT a few years ago and all who stayed there rated it highly.

We have moved nearer the border since your last visit and it's a pity you won't be near us on this trip but we'll get you again no doubt. ;) :thumb2

On the north coast you could try the Fullerton Arms in Ballintoy Micky. We used it on the MMMT a few years ago and all who stayed there rated it highly.

We have moved nearer the border since your last visit and it's a pity you won't be near us on this trip but we'll get you again no doubt. ;) :thumb2

That's the place that I was trying to think of Aidan, remember it well. Dunno if on that trip but certainly stopped there with some of you Oirish Guys'n gals :aidan

killunaught house dungiven - 2k into town

pinetrees ballymoney - right by the polis station (youd never know)

red river lodge above ballina co mayo

ballyheefy lodge killaloe clare

churchfield inch clare

breaffy house westport

decies midleton cork

diamond hill house kilkenny above the river above waterford city :p

killunaught house dungiven - 2k into town

pinetrees ballymoney - right by the polis station (youd never know)

red river lodge above ballina co mayo

ballyheefy lodge killaloe clare

churchfield inch clare

breaffy house westport

decies midleton cork

diamond hill house kilkenny above the river above waterford city :p

Thanks folks ... thanks

Thanks Hairnet ... will translate in due course :thumby:

Is that decies midleton cork as in Dec on here, good pal o' mine, adopted son?

Decky of O'Dwyer fame?

no :D deasy as in a surname :D - jim will talk ya silly :D

round here theyd be called decky :D

the house next door to them is a b and b also 1km walk into midleton 200m from n25 but you dont hear it

Back
Top Bottom