Have a crawl under your 9T chaps

Fluffmeister

I think I'm a Guzzista now
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Check the sump area. One bolt missing, one finger right, one hanging out.

Awesome BMW quality control at work. Found it while giving it a good scrub last weekend.

32eeb0cf28f17ea38cd54f273951389e.jpg

Just to revive this one folks, bikes been back to the dealers after it had a whole new set of engine bolt's fitted and torqued up and it's gone again, bolt's undoing themselves.

Bikes now getting a new Engine and the old one is heading back to the mother ship for further investigation. If you've got a 9T then have a crawl underneath and check guys, girls (and cross-dressers, let's not forget those)

Just to revive this one folks, bikes been back to the dealers after it had a whole new set of engine bolt's fitted and torqued up and it's gone again, bolt's undoing themselves.

Bikes now getting a new Engine and the old one is heading back to the mother ship for further investigation. If you've got a 9T then have a crawl underneath and check guys, girls (and cross-dressers, let's not forget those)

Crikey, your not having any luck with these bikes ! Did they sort out all the issues with the RT too ? It's good you have a solid dealer relationship

The RT went back in the end mate, big problem with Engine number 2, so clandestine deals resulted in me walking away with a K1600GT.

Still waiting on the engine arriving for the 9T, it's been off the road 8 weeks now, so I've missed the summer, with my summer toy.

Dealer is great and BMW customer services are in contact but it's now starting to drag and I really really miss the thing.

BMW once again not inventing anything new, my 1972 BSA did that too.

My 1961 BSA still does, tappet covers latest to vibrate loose. Last year riding along looked down at the rotary light switch to see the screw physically rotating and coming out!

Back
Top Bottom