SPCIII MAPS CAN'T UNLOCK??

(RIP) sherpa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:confused: Hi Fellas, Just bought myself a s.hand SPCIII and all is well - EXCEPT when i download the maps via the USB card reader a strange thing happens. The mapping is unlocked on the PC and the unlock code is OK. The maps transfer to the datacard OK but when I put the datacard in the SPCIII it reads the card and then tells me that it CAN'T UNLOCK MAPS (thats what appears on SPCIII screen in red) According to the manual this means at least one map is locked, but according to PC they're not. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times and iv'e tried different datacards always with the same result. I've also downloaded the latest software from the Garmin site. I'm now stumped - anyone experienced the same problem? :confused:

The mapsource software lock is controlled at the SPIII unit by way of matching the unlock code to your SPIII's serial No. - what you're experiencing is what happens when you load maps which belong to another unit.

I personally experienced this when I tried to put another members data cartridge in my SPIII, got told the maps were locked and all I could see was the atlantic basemap.

Sounds to me that the Mapsource City Navigator you've got actually belongs to another unit - and at $350 dollars for a European Unlock for your SPIII I hope for your sake I'm wrong. :(

SPCIII maps cant unlock

:mad: O Ohhh! i think you may be right - the unit was bought from a shop s.hand so i should be able to sort it they perhaps have just given me the wrong unlock code for the CD and SPCIII unit (the CD isn't a copy)
Thanks i will let you know the outcome

Back
Top Bottom