Alpina wheels for Africa Twin

Davy F

Reaction score
Really tempted to get a tubeless set of wheels for my Tricolour AT. Lots of colour combinations to choose from....probably too many for a poll !! I'd stick with gold rims however, but go for blue or red hubs. Spokes and nipples......I quite like the look of the black spokes, but thinking black nips and silver spokes. Decisions decisions....

What colour combo would you choose ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,380
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,971
They are very similar wheels as fitted to the moto guzzi stelvio. I think they have some little rubber seals fitted.

So.... if you have a rubber seal twixt spoke shenanigans and rim.... do you have floating wheel rims....and if you do.... how does that affect handling, braking, rigidity.... and if that's not a problem, how long do they last?

:hide

So.... if you have a rubber seal twixt spoke shenanigans and rim.... do you have floating wheel rims....and if you do.... how does that affect handling, braking, rigidity.... and if that's not a problem, how long do they last?

Sounds like a recipe for corrosion disaster,two years in and tubes fitted:blast

....it maybe a bonkers idea but hear me out.

Why not run the spokes to a slightly wider stronger rim edge, that way you can have spoked wheels and no air sealing problems

A gazillion o-rings to fail is going to reduce the MTBF by the about same factor.

Back
Top Bottom