BMW NAV V switching between bikes

Roadrash Rider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys question please?

Good mate of mine has asked if I will lend him my nav v for a tour of Spain at the end of the month, no problem with that.

My question is what happens when you switch units between bikes as all the bike info vin numbers etc is stored in the unit, does it just pick up the new bike and more importantly when it goes back on my bike do I get the right info back?

Cheers, Griff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It blows up and the bike with it.

Actually, that is completely untrue. You, your device and your chum will be absolutely fine. I regularly lend a Nav V to bods and it's never come to harm, nor they.

I swop my Nav 5 between the 650 the 800 and the VW on a regular basis .... no probs. But I don't have it set up for any of them ... I just puts it on and uses it :thumb

:beerjug:

I regularly lend a Nav V to bods and it's never come to harm, nor they.

Your Nav V had protective and restorative powers Richard! :bow

You lent it to Bounce on our trip to France, he drank copious quantities of alcohol and was bright and fully functional in the morning.

You didn't lend it to Nutty (as he had his own), he too drank copious quantities of alcohol but then couldn't function until lunchtime the next day!:D

Your Nav V had protective and restorative powers Richard! :bow

You lent it to Bounce on our trip to France, he drank copious quantities of alcohol and was bright and fully functional in the morning.

You didn't lend it to Nutty (as he had his own), he too drank copious quantities of alcohol but then couldn't function until lunchtime the next day!:D

I remember it well, ayyyyeeeee

It blows up and the bike with it.

Actually, that is completely untrue. You, your device and your chum will be absolutely fine. I regularly lend a Nav V to bods and it's never come to harm, nor they.

Actually, that's not true either. I have never looked at the 'My bike' thing app whatsit. It's probably fried.

The blurb mentions if you have garmin lock enabled it accepts up to 5 vin numbers which auto unlock the security pin,
If you have it enabled the pin number you chose will be reqd, if not it will function ok no pin
Roamer

Even works on Non BMW bikes as well - without self destructing :eek:

Maybe I should have said swapping between GS LC TE's both with the nav prep, might have saved me some piss taking but then again maybe not lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom