Edited Activity Profile

vRSG60

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If I create a new "Activity Profile", say "Motorcycle Edited" does this get sent to the Garmin along with the route?
My device is a 660LM.

i may be wrong but i think the profile remains with the software, and the route gets sent as is but may get altered if the profile on the nav is not the same as or very similar to the the software preference. having now seen its a 660 i can say that the profile is not sent.

depends how you look at it and how you implement it, if you set up a few profiles for various applications it does become useful, allowing you to customise routes for different uses, such as a profile for just bendy roads or one for most direct route. or one for car and one for bike.

depends how you look at it and how you implement it, if you set up a few profiles for various applications it does become useful, allowing you to customise routes for different uses, such as a profile for just bendy roads or one for most direct route. or one for car and one for bike.

Thanks, which is just how I wanted it to work, but if the Zumo is going to ignore this and set it's own route it's all rather pointless.
I guess the facility could be used on Basecamp to quickly plan a route using the different profiles and add enough points added to the route to force the Zumo to follow the specific route. It's how I plot routes anyway.

Thats what I do because the Zumo will take you along a single track road if it is 6 inches shorter than the faster A road 20 yards away.
If I had a magic wand I would add an extra routing choice "Avoid unclassified roads."

if you have your preference set correctly on the nav no alteration of the route should happen so you should be good to go. that is providing you use the right profile for the right route, you dont want a bendy roads route for a direct route. preference on the nav off the top of my head should be all avoidances unticked and fastest way selected, hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom