Meets in West Sussex

Chalkster said:
Hi all anyone in west sussex interested in a mid week meet.
chalkster
:beerjug:

Try Eynesford. Last Thursday in the Month , Not to far from you in Kent!
Contact Judge for details but dont mention Crystal palace FC if you want a peacefull conversation:rolleyes:

Could well be...

Eynsford is a good meet, but a boring drive from where I live. The Mucky Duck seems poorly attended and Hythe is summer only. Have been to the Ace a couple of times, but again, it's a crap ride from the South Coast.

We've got great countryside and GS roads down here, so somewhere on the West Sussex/Hampshire border could be a goer?

Yep I am up for it although technically I am in EAST Sussex. I suppose I could slum it
:beerjug:

Ok looks like some interest so how does a 40 mile radius out of brighton sound, or we could go east one month and west the next.
Wednesday or Thursday state your preference the highest number wins and we can make the first one by the pier.
Chalkster

Thurs suits me too. So palace Pier, what time? Any time after 6 is good for me. Out to Rye maybe?

Ok Guys next thursday at 1900hrs cafe next to the sea life center and we will go east so the glorious sun will be behind us?:beerjug:

This proberbly means heavy rain in which case a chin wag and a drink somewhere dry might be better.

Chalkster

Greetings

Having been born in Brighton and having as yet unmet relatives in Rye I feel I ought to be there. Alas I am working nights that day with no prospect of getting the day off. Enjoy your ride and will deffinately be up for any in the future shift permitting.

Hi Pilsbury
Sorry to hear that you can't make it I work nights as well, if you PM me your Shift I will try to make sure the next ride is more suitable.
chalkster

Hi Chalkster

Thanks for your message. I don't seem able to PM for some reason at this time.

I work a five week shift pattern of earlies lates and nights, so could not say for example that I could meet the third Thursday every month. As the days I'm working each month will change.
I am happy to try and fit in with what everyone else finds best, or can post rest days for me.

regards

Pilsbury

Normally Thursdays are good for me. Not this week though. Doh!

Next time maybe.

Cheers

Dick

Hi Guys
Thanks for the weather forcast lets hope they are wrong.
The meeting is tomorrow 28th 1900hrs at the cafe next to the sea life center Brighton.

It looks like about 4 or 5 of us willing to take a chance which I feel is a good response.

See you all there
Chalkster

Hope to be there...

But if not, watch out for mobile speed cameras here:

Thursday, April 28:
Lindfield - Lewes Road;
Crowborough - Crowborough Hill;
Heathfield - Hailsham Road;
Hailsham - Ersham Road;
Worthing - The Boulevard and Littlehampton Road.

Full details of mobile cameras are
here and the fixed jobbies are here..
The camera on the Lewes Road coming into Brighton from the A27 Westbound (think it's this one) is featured in today's MCN. Wait for it - £750,000 in two months...

Makes me want to reach for a balaclava and an angle grinder...

Guys

have fun on your ride out. I will be with you in spirit as I ride the opposite direction to work !!

pilsbury

Back
Top Bottom