Bike for my nephew

Kamikaze

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
My 21 year old nephew has decided to get a bike licence.
He's thinking of travelling in South America next year and considering doing it by bike.

The terrain will be, in part, adventurous, so some off road experience in the meantime would be of benefit.
He'll also be using it as a commuter bike.

I'm thinking DRZ 400s or similar. His budget is about €1500 to €2000

Has anybody got something of that ilk that they're thinking of selling?

My brother in law is selling an F650GS, 2004 but only 10,000 miles. full luggage, in excellent condition. Asking price is €2750.
PM me for further information if he is interested.

Thanks, sounds good but just a bit beyond his budget.
I'm also going to get him to do some light off-roading on whatever he gets. It'd be a pity to damage something that's currently in excellent condition.

That said, that's my thinking. He may think differently.
If so, I'll be back to you.

No problem

I knew it isnt quite what he's looking for but as I'll be advertising it in the next couple of days, it was worth giving it a shot.

Good hunting.

I've a TTR 250 that I bought off here a couple of years ago with the intention of doing some green laning but didn't make use it at all. It been parked up in a friends shed since. Last started a few months back. It's 1996 so electrics start. It's been used for green laning before I bought it. Would day it'll need chain & sprockets and a battery. I'd want £1000 for it.

Can you send me some more details and some photos of the TTR please.
Give me a call on 00 353 86 2616287 to discuss.

have a look at horizonsunlimited. People sometimes sell a bike at the end of their travels so he couild fly out and collect the bike in Chile , Brazil etc.

Im on hols at the minute, back on Sunday. Take some pics when I get back if you are nit sorted by then.

have a look at horizonsunlimited. People sometimes sell a bike at the end of their travels so he couild fly out and collect the bike in Chile , Brazil etc.

He'll probably do something like that.
The bike won't be for the trip.
It's to be a commuter and to get some off-roading experience.

PM an email address and I'll send you some pics of the TTR250 if you are still interested.

Paul

Hi Paul,
Apologies. I saw your post and meant to reply later......not this much later, however.
We're going to resurrect my old DRZ. It'll be a practical way of him learning a few mechanical bits that may stand to him on his travels.

Thanks,

Jim.

Back
Top Bottom