Window not opening in Basecamp.

mrtee43

Reaction score
Problem.

When I double click on a route in my collections, a window should open up listing the waypoints etc. If I click on an active log of a ridden route a window should open showing the data for that route.

For some reason, neither will now open on my PC. Basecamp works fine on my laptop with these windows opening up.

I have recently changed the operating system on the PC to Windows 10 64 bit, whereas it used to run Windows 10 32bit.

The laptop runs 32bit Windows 10.

Anybody know if this is a 64 bit Windows 10 problem that is causing this or is it something that needs changing in a Basecamp setting ?

Having just upgraded to 10 on one of my pc's i have just checked this and have no such problem, may i suggest that you back up your collections on both your laptop and pc, and i will presume you have the same map sets on both machines and know how to move them from one machine to the other, i would then uninstal basecamp on the problem pc and reinstal it and then load your maps and one of your backups into it and see if that cures it. i dont think it will be a 32-64 bit problem, it may however be a graphics problem if you are trying to use 3d view, and there are no 10 drivers for the card to support that.or try creating a new route to see if your problem is there on that route.

Having just upgraded to 10 on one of my pc's i have just checked this and have no such problem, may i suggest that you back up your collections on both your laptop and pc, and i will presume you have the same map sets on both machines and know how to move them from one machine to the other, i would then uninstal basecamp on the problem pc and reinstal it and then load your maps and one of your backups into it and see if that cures it. i dont think it will be a 32-64 bit problem, it may however be a graphics problem if you are trying to use 3d view, and there are no 10 drivers for the card to support that.or try creating a new route to see if your problem is there on that route.

Well I don't know why this happened but reinstalled Basecamp and it was just the same until I found a "reset options " in edit/options/general menu. Pressed that and voila! windows now accessible. Strange because I didn't do anything to turn these off.

One other question if I may.

If I plan a track then convert it to a route, double clicking on that route then brings up the previously missing window which then allows me to turn off alerts for waypoints. Will doing this allow the Nav to carry on to the next part of the route, as previously, if I missed a waypoint, it always wanted to direct me back to that waypoint and not skip it and carry on.

As others have said, Basecamp is not very intuitive but I am determined to master at least some of it.

point 1 why plan a track instead of a route?, if all you are doing is turning of the announce and still keeping it as a waypoint it should behave just as a waypoint does in theory, but why would you want a waypoint that does not announce when you would normally use a shaping point. just asking and not criticizing. and glad you sorted the first issue.

I thought my turning off the announce, the waypoint then became a shaping point and this seems an easy way of doing it.

Back
Top Bottom