My First ever motorcycle claim - Advice please

Magicmat

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had my first ever motorbike accident and insurance claim

Basically A driver pulled out of a side street and I went straight into the car. I was doing 30mph

I'm Insured with BMW (devitts) who offered no advice except claim off my policy or go to a claims management company, they pushed this quite abit.

A friend of mine who is a crash assessor said to ignore my insurer, and myself get the 3rd party (aviva) to admit liability. I chased them and had a conversation on the phone and a witness backed my statement so they have accepted responsibility.

so all that is good,

Thing is I feel very alone with all this,

I have damage to my suit and helmet which Aviva have said they will pay towards, and they are offering me an fjr1300 as a hire bike.

But I have no one fighting my side except me now.

I don't think I have whiplash and don't want to add to that claim, due to moral reasons, but I do have a bruise and cut on my leg, my shoulder is sore and aches as does the bottom of my neck.

I was seen by ambulance. I've been to the GP also

Should I pursue this? Should I talk to Avivas injury team. Or should I go and get a solicitor? Devitts originally told me. "We can put you in touch with a solicitor who will claim the costs back"

... Any advice or experience would be really appreciated

Ye gods man....Your insured, so use your insurance that's what you pay them for !!!.

Call them, tell them what happened, give them the details of the other insurance and let them deal with it.
Your insurer will claim off the other parties insurance.
On the claims form list the items damaged and leave them to sort it out and wait for the cheque to arrive. :D.

A solicitor will claim back his costs from the other party if they're at fault.

Ye gods man....Your insured, so use your insurance that's what you pay them for !!!.

Call them, tell them what happened, give them the details of the other insurance and let them deal with it.
On the claims form list the items damaged and leave them to sort it out and wait for the cheque to arrive. :D.

Your insured. You seem to have got the other side to admit responsibility. You are injured have everything documented and submit a claim. You really need good professional legal advice. Not someone sponsored by either insurence co. JJH

Well I don't want to claim off my policy and I got them to admit liability.

I was debating going to bikelawyer and asking for some advice as they are linked with MCN, but all just feels very shit.

Yes I could have claimed off my own insurance and got the money back, but before they admitted liability, they don't me I may not actually get my Excess back,

It's just a rubbish system !

The bike injury lawyers in Bike magazine seem to be pretty straight. It doesn't sound like your claim for personal injury and equipment is going to be that large. I would write down what you think you can claim for, then discuss with solicitor. Initial discussion is always free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try White Dalton, used them after my accident, do not use anyone from the insurance company, the one they put in touch with were crap.

Try White Dalton, used them after my accident, do not use anyone from the insurance company, the one they put in touch with were crap.

Totally agree. My daughter sacked her insurance supplied lawyer within 4 days. With their 1st letter they were going to send to the other party they had got wrong the location,time , accident particulars and her injuries! She has now gone with independent lawyers who all ride bikes.

Thanks guys, i had seen White Dalton and looked on there page. I'll give them a call and see what they say, but as you both say, My accident isnt a massive one, i dont think there will be long lasting injurys, thanks for the input guys,

Really appreciate it

Got some great advice from white dalton, very happy.

they didn't recommend I employ them due to the small claim, but we're really helpful regarding pitfalls not to fall into

yeah couldnt knock them at all

told me what to except as a return on my gear (75%) and that an injury claim was worth looking into, but at what i can expect to get, no point hiring them.

If i have pain in 4 weeks then to give them a call but otherwise, try for physio and some compensation.

I will deffo give them a call if it ever happens again

I'm with Steptoe. But hey, this is a bikermates' site, so why not make it complicated right from the word go....

I'm with Steptoe. But hey, this is a bikermates' site, so why not make it complicated right from the word go....

But what if the solicitor supplied is shit like the one my daughter got? Their cock ups could cost her a lot of money!

+1

Also, think carefully about the Hire Bike. If you have a problem with this case, you are liable for the payment for the FJR. Also, companies like to offer you a replacement bike straightaway; if you accept you have no injury claim - as you can still ride a bike!!

i've used the supplied legal help with two car claims and they've been really good :)

Back
Top Bottom