Resetting the motronic system??

JohnC

Reaction score
I'm going to pull the beige cat code plug on my 1100 to see if it gets rid of the slight surging. I believe I also need to reset the motronic and that this is done by pulling fuse 5.

My question is, do I first remove fuse 5, then turn on the ignition, then open the throttle wide?

Or do I remove fuse 5, turn on the ignition, turn off again, place the fuse back in, turn on ignition and then open throttle wide?

Confoozed...

John

:help

Remove fuse 5.
Wait a minute.
Replace fuse 5.
Ignition on.
Fully open and close throttle TWICE.
Ignition off.
Job done.

Remove fuse wait at least 30 seconds, replace fuse, turn ignition on, fully open throttle twice, turn off job done.

If you have had the battery out/off no need to pull the fuse as the effect is the same.

And if you have had the tank off to do anything always check that the throttle cables are seated correctly, infact its always worth checking the if you are going to reset the motronic.

Pete A

I had a flat battery and didn't do all the twisty throttle two times do dah when I put another battery on.

Should I have :confused:

Whatton said:
I had a flat battery and didn't do all the twisty throttle two times do dah when I put another battery on.

Should I have :confused:

Don't think so. Changing the battery doesn't affect the fuelling, so you shouldn't need to reset anything, apart from your clock.

Steve said:
Don't think so. Changing the battery doesn't affect the fuelling, so you shouldn't need to reset anything, apart from your clock.

The Service and Technical booklet suggests otherwise;)

Pete A

Well, I must say I'm v impressed with this 'mod'... Bike now holds a constant throttle at any speed in any gear, now pulls clean in any gear from low revs, seems smoother, less intrusive ott engine braking, amazing!!

The only minus point is that the bike seems to have less torque for instant 4th and 5th gear overtakes. Perhaps this is becuause the engine seems smoother and more revvy, who knows. Dont think the 99 GS has a cat, I cant see a lambda sensor, but then I havent looked very hard. Anyone knows how I can find out for sure please let me know, soon :D :D

John, apart from following the advice given above, what was it you actually removed from the bike to sort your surging problem?

Back
Top Bottom