POI or Waypoints to Nav V

vRSG60

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
How do I add a POI into Basecamp then send it to my NAV V so I can easily find it for future navigation?
Does it have to be done as a Waypoint?
And, if I do create a POI, of say a camp site, how do I get it to list under the NAV V camping list?
As a test I've created a Waypoint called "work" sent it to my device but can't find it anywhere on my NAV V

EDIT.
For future reference I clicked "Where To" > "Favourites" > "All Favourites" > 3 bars top left > "Import" & found it in there.

a couple of ways to do this depending on whether you are using basecamp to find and make the location or if you are using google maps to find somewhere because its not on basecamp (eg an address thats not listed) and then transfering it to basecamp,

It sounds like you are half way there.
using basecamp select what or where you want, and create a waypoint, then rename it to suit yourself something you will remember it by, and then send it to the nav and then search in your favourites and it will be in there, you may need to import it. As far as i am aware the garmin poi list is not editable but i feel sure someone will correct me if i am wrong. when sending make sure you tick the waypoints box.
If you were using google maps to find a location, if you were to left click the location and then right click and select whats here, it will then give you map coordinates that you can copy and paste into the find, locate coordinates function in basecamp, that will then have the option to create waypoint, and then follow above steps.

Thanks, I'm using Basecamp. I've managed to figure out how to import it and add a category. Looks like I'm there. It'd be far more simple if the category you add whilst editing it in BC shows up in your list on the NAV V.

Back
Top Bottom