Rob, Nick, Steve and Tim depart the Ace for Morocco

Dahoum

Reaction score
Well the lads got off ok - after a short stop outside the Ace (we all thought they'd run out of petrol :D)

Here's a few pics of the departure

Nick, Joy Seeker, Steve and Rob

Attachments

• boys and js.jpg
    boys and js.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 438
.. Tim and his wife saying goodbye (not a dry eye in the house :rolleyes: )

Attachments

• wife\'s goodbye.jpg
    wife\'s goodbye.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 412
Nearly ready for the off. Uncle Albert getting out of the way...

Attachments

• going - albert on left.jpg
    going - albert on left.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 417
... and just outside.... they stopped :confused:

a few minutes later they started off again. I got a text later from Steve to say they had made the ferry OK. Good luck lads and stay safe.

Attachments

• stopped outside.jpg
    stopped outside.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 398
help for vid post

i have a 16MB movie of Shrek2, Nick, Defor and Zmeagol setting off but can't post....... if someone wants/can post it?...... pm your email to me.

BAKERMAN said:
Any pictures of the bikes.

just for you bakes

21139231-M.jpg

even the licence plate is interesting for Dahoum :p

21139232-M.jpg

21139234-M.jpg

21139235-M.jpg

i think alex takes after dad.

21139237-M.jpg

what can be so interesting about a red 12?

Joyseeker said:
just for you bakes

even the licence plate is interesting for Dahoum :p

It was where he'd moved his indicators and how he'd fixed em that was interesting me.

Update...

... received via text today:

"After getting to Madrid and finding the motorail to Algeciras doesn't take bikes we set off into the sunset and rode till 11.30 pm

we set off again at 0730 and are now t the ferry, just 3 hrs late."

Re: Update...

Dahoum said:
"After getting to Madrid and finding the motorail to Algeciras doesn't take bikes we set off into the sunset and rode till 11.30 pm

we set off again at 0730 and are now t the ferry, just 3 hrs late."

I like to see a well organised trip! Presumably these lads had actually booked their motorail?

But I could never quite figure why they didn't want to ride in the first place. Madrid to Algeciras is only about 400 miles, say 6 hours riding max.

When Wreford and I rode to Algeciras a few years ago, we rode from the foothills of the Pyrenees in a day and were enjoying the Pimms in our Ceuta hotel before sunset.

Each to their own, but my idea of a bike ride doesn't involve trains!

Greg

No idea about the bookings or not as the case may be but there'll be lotsa scope for piss taking when they get back i'm sure.

To be fair I think the idea was to get as far towards Morocco as fresh as possible (hence the ferry to Spain also) as they are on a tight time schedule and wanted to have as much time in Morrocco as poss.

Re: Re: Update...

Greg Masters said:
When Wreford and I rode to Algeciras a few years ago, we rode from the foothills of the Pyrenees in a day and were enjoying the Pimms in our Ceuta hotel before sunset.

Greg

X-TREEM HARDCORE :rolleyes:

You tell 'em Bakes.
They don't want to arrive in Morocco fresh as daisies, but well worn in.:rolleyes:

Feckin train! what next...........:D

Back
Top Bottom