What a WONDERFULL TIME at THE RALLY OF DISSCOVERY

BAKERMAN

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not sure I realy want to tell you this as its a gem , but I just had a wonderfull weekend in Whales.

On the RALLY OF DISCOVERY run by Bob Jeffries, 2 days of heaven on my bike.

Bob whom I meet for the first time on Friday, put together with others a treasure hunt, you could do how you wish, OFF or on ROAD.

We picked ON road with the odd jornt OFFroad, its set up for all types of bike, but GS is the thing to do it on.

Road or OFF ROAD TYRES.

Anyway, we thats me and Charlie Batty had a ball, I talked rubbish to all my NEW freinds while Charlie worked out the route with Map pen and paper.

Bob loads the WAYPOINTS on to your GPS and off you go with a list of clues, very simple.

Anyway while I drank and bored Whales to death, Charlie got it wright, he planned the best route for us, he shouted out the WAYPOINTS and I rode in front just taking us to the right spots.

He hopped off his bike wrote down the answeres and BINGO off again, DAY 1 ( 29 answered ) DAY 2 (22ish not sure )

Anyway to cut a long stort short Charlie picks up BEST OVER 1000 cc PRIZE, a nice plaque, and I`m presented with a TANKARD prize for you guessed it biggest TOSSER at the event, cheers Bob.

Brilliant time, thanks to my NEW FREINDS mostly from Ireland, and all I met, also Bobs family freinds and helpers, as they worked tirelessly for us all.

And mostly

Thanks to the chef of the hotel for his wonderfull choice of menu, for a three night, its was just like Mothers cooking and she was a lousey cook.

See you in YORKSHIRE in October then CYPRUS in 2006

Must echo Bakerman's praise for Bob and his team....excellent event.
I scraped round both days two up on a big road bike...toughest part of the 2nd day was ignoring my pillion who resented one or two of my timed comments....like when I was aked if I "had a change of plan" and had decided to "go for it" as Iwas going to "kill us both" collecting clues where I replied "if I was going for it I would read my own f*****g map not let you do it"....
Great weekend, well organised, very friendly....am definitely gointg to try for Cyprus...but solo on a thumper!
Cheers Bob....fantastic weekend.
Harv

RoD

Bakes,
Great meeting up with Batty and yourself over the weekend.
Didn't Bob make a fantastic job of organising the event? Credit to him and his helpers, plenty of GSers too. All enjoyed themselves.
It sets a very high standard for Richard Palya and myself to emulate in Cyprus next year but we will try our best.
I'll keep you all informed as time goes on about how the event is shaping up but a rough timescale is March, April or May.
All the best,
Pat.

BAKERMAN said:
Not sure I realy want to tell you this as its a gem , but I just had a wonderfull weekend in Whales.
Henceforth ye shall be known as Jonah.

CE-094_M.jpg

Re: Re: What a WONDERFULL TIME at THE RALLY OF DISSCOVERY

judge said:
I'd heard it was for the oldest entrant!! :D

.....well ya sort of right...:rolleyes:

...don't let Bakes kid ya, we did it together..... i got the plaque cos i was the oldest!;)

As Pat and Bakes said.... it was a brilliant weekend, we had a great time....half the entrants were Irish....what a turn-out!...met some great guys (and gals)...much skill and enthusiasm...

...PLUS! .... i only fell off once AND i didn't brake me leg this time:D

Regards Charlie

Next Rally of Discovery ------- Yorkshire

the ROD is a co operative and the next one on before Cyprus looks like bing organised by Nigel and Sue in North Yorkshire some time in October , also many thanks to Bob J on a fantastic weekend

Gunner

Back
Top Bottom