test ride tomorrow

DC

Reaction score
thinking of adding an R9 T to the stable, so going for a son one tomorrow. Not the scrambler just the First version that came out. Any tips on what to look out for ?

Mate of mine has just bought a 64 plate & loves it.
I did notice a bit of bubbling of the paint on the front engine case, other than that its mint.

I have a 64 plate..love it build quality is good iv fitted oil cooler guard cream carbon front fork protectors and iv just bolted up a satin black front crud catcher, mines done 1800 so wanna keep it mint you cant see it against the black paint...i love this bike handles fantastic and sounds awesome,iv got bar risers which make it all day comfy...got plans for it over winter,new paint remove subframe tailtidy.....

I have a 64 plate..love it build quality is good iv fitted oil cooler guard cream carbon front fork protectors and iv just bolted up a satin black front crud catcher, mines done 1800 so wanna keep it mint you cant see it against the black paint...i love this bike handles fantastic and sounds awesome,iv got bar risers which make it all day comfy...got plans for it over winter,new paint remove subframe tailtidy.....

that sounds ace ,any pics ?

Front brakes are top notch, but the engine braking is phenomenal and combined with all the grunt you can use the throttle like a switch in and out of corners...

really enjoyed the bike, nice sunny weather helped , this is the reason i want one for . I was given a brand new demo to use ,5 miles on it 1 I treated it with respect . loved the noise out of the exhaust. The bike was the sport model but the high level exhaust had not yet been fitted ,Think the bike only came to the dealership yesterday.

Had around three or four hours around town centre, open roads etc .Felt "compact " at first when i climbed on. but soon got use to the ride position. Handled very well indeed, pulled away sharply . couldn't fault it to be honest.........So bought a new black version with the hearted grips, and cylinder head protectors, got a good discount and the first service thrown in free, so quite pleased to add this to my small collection. doubt it will get used much over winter .

Looking around the three secondhand models on display, I noticed the engine on two of them was well chipped being the front wheel ,and the white rear shock was the same.Can see some form of protection needed here.

These three models also had three different types of mirrors and tail tides on too ...will be asking for advice on bits soon

IMG_2899_zpsybm2v873.jpg

Back
Top Bottom