Sun 29 Dec - The WET one!!!!

(RIP) Gerry Huxtable

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Part Two

If anybody is interested in completing the route, which we only did about half. Let me know and I will arrange a time and meeting place.

Hope everyone enjoyed the day despite the atrocious conditions.

In a couple of weeks maybe we can find a dry day in the weather.

Also did anyone manage to take any pictures??

cheers

Gerry H

Gerry, I saw the weather forecast but don't quite share your love of riding 'Das Boot'.
We'll meet up when you do the northern section.
Tim

Sun 29 Dec The Wet One

It's taken 3 days but my boots and riding gear are now dry!
Nice to see so many GS er's in one place despite the weather-well done to all,also nice to put some faces to names-look forward to seeing you all soon.
Did anyone else suffer from heavy tar or possibly tree sap/resin splashing? My Adventure was covered around the exhaust link pipe,alternater cover and paralever,WD40 shifts it-albeit slowly,I found some Halfords road tar remover did exactly what it says on the tin!

Re: Sun 29 Dec The Wet One

Originally posted by 2 wheel humvee

Did anyone else suffer from heavy tar or possibly tree sap/resin splashing? My Adventure was covered around the exhaust link pipe,alternater cover and paralever,WD40 shifts it-albeit slowly,I found some Halfords road tar remover did exactly what it says on the tin!

Guys,

My tip for tar removal from these parts is petrol and a rag - quick,easy,cheap and evaporates leaving no residue.Then polish engine with Mer polish.Brings the engine up like new. Also works a treat to get tar spots from your Titanium Sebring/Remus cans.
WD40 will stain the silver finish when it burns onto the hot engine surfaces.

Tar ????

I have been riding these trails since I got my GS in Aug 2001.

I think you will find the hard to remove crud is SHEEP SHIT !!!,
not tar.

cheers

Gerry

Back
Top Bottom