Turkey.....MotoGP......

jonnie comet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

I intend to visit the Turkish MotoGP round in October, and I'm not sure whether to go with an organised tour ( Page and Moy....Moto-events etc ) or sort myself out. Has anyone visited Istanbul ? Easy to get around ? What are the hotels like ? One concern is getting to, and from, the circuit....It's approx' 45km from Istanbul, I expect getting there , from Istanbul, be easy, but getting back could be a laugh. It's a new circuit, so I know info' will be scarce, but I would be very grateful for any info you might have.

Cheers

Furthest I've been is Hungary but intend getting as far as Turkey at some point.

Two basic routes I think:

Overland all the way via Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria etc or down the leg of Italy & catching a ferry to Greece from Ancona or Brindisi.

Istanbul is a wonderful city and even though it is very big it is very easy to get around. The track is near the new airport on the Asian side and there are hotels in the near vicinity.
If you want to ride there it should take about 4 days from London if you ride hard (I have done it several times) via France, Italy (ferry from Ancona) then Greece.
See you there,
Kevin

Many thanks for your replies, and thanks for the link Kcain.

Yes, see you there........

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom