Altitude Sickness

gazzr

Another post from me,

The 1150 is my first fuel injected bike so this may sound like a dumb question but does the performance suffer with altitude? I was riding up at about 2750m a few backs but couldnt really tell if it was effecting the power as it was all up hill with a pillion!

Regards
gazzr
theworld-ismyoyster.com

gazzr said:
Another post from me,

The 1150 is my first fuel injected bike so this may sound like a dumb question but does the performance suffer with altitude? I was riding up at about 2750m a few backs but couldnt really tell if it was effecting the power as it was all up hill with a pillion!

Regards
gazzr
theworld-ismyoyster.com

Will be affected but will be partially compensated for automatically by the ECU. I've been up at similar altitudes with no problem on an 1150 whilst my girlfriends carb equipped R80GS was struggling.

I was over 9000ft at times, and over 6000 ft regularly last year and the bike performed without a hitch.

I think you'd have to re-jet an airhead's carbs, but the fuel injection took the altitude in its stride.

Mike:)

Yep, no prob. Motronic brain with various sensors does the air/fuel "selective" job for you. Altitude sickness is more carb-machines problem...

I rode a Harley 1340 over 10,000 feet and it was gutless, gay and the brakes where shite.

But it was only being gutless that I'd put down to high altitude!

thanks everyone, i look forward to riding higher and joining the 2mile high club soon!

gazzr

Back
Top Bottom