BMW Day at the Ace

Yeah I'll be there about midday. The K1200R looks pretty interesting, and with all the other new models there, plus mista Boorman, it should be alright. Weather forecast currently dry and sunny for Lahndon on Sunday.

Anyone know about car parking at the Ace? I'm still on crutches following pushbike/car debacle.

Jeremy said:
Anyone know about car parking at the Ace? I'm still on crutches following pushbike/car debacle.

Lots of space on the road Jeremy if the Ace area is full.

Might head up for 10am, any later and the grub goes downhill as it gets busy.

ianf said:
Might head up for 10am, any later and the grub goes downhill as it gets busy.

It is hard for the grub to get worse, it starts of at the bottom of the hill:D

I might trundle along. But I have a full list of things to do this weekend.:(

Last week it was o.k. b4 10am. Seeing off the motorail to morocco mob. Eggs cooked, bacon not too sweaty.

I wonder if its on the whole day.... I am planning on going to have a look after 12.

Cheers

MCN Said This On Their InterWebbo Site:

"See K1200R at the Ace

If you liked the look of the BMW K1200R in our world exclusive road test in this week’s MCN, then get down to the Ace Café on Sunday May 15 and you can see it in the flesh.

BMW Motorrad will be taking over the Ace Café for the day with all the 2005 range on show and it will be the first time the bonkers 163bhp naked bike has been seen in the UK.

You’ll also be able to check out the R1200 RT, R1200 ST and K1200 S, and round-the-world adventurer Charley Boorman will be there to chat to fans about his trip and life with Ewan McGreggor"

I guess the assumption is that it's an all day event. Weather forecast is nice a.m. with darker clouds pm. 11 - 14:00 is prolly yis best bet.

What a fantastic day. Charlie Boorman signed a poster for my son and shook his hand, what a nice chap!
1070.jpg

Yes the 1200S looks good
1066.jpg

BUT the 1200R looks much better
1068.jpg

Chap from BMW said the new 1200 Adventure wouldn't arrive until next May and that 1150 Adventure production was likely to not restart after the July/August break. He also said that it was worth holding for the new Adventure rather than buying a 1150. He didn't sound that convincing about 1200HP sales though.

Just to add... I went there for about 12 and it was really great to chat to the man that you see in the DVD.... Really down to earth....

What a great day....

Slippy

Well what a cracking day out that was, blast to the Ace – met Charlie, got a poster signed which I promptly lost, met a few tossers, had a lot of larfs, chatted to the head of BMW bikes about the HP2, raced a ducati along the A406 and M11 and then hit some twisties for the way home:) May is such a great biking month.

Nice to meet up with the tossers at the ace. See some of ya next weekend at the BMF:thumb

Got there about 12:00 as well. Had a chat to Charlie, got the signed poster - and managed to keep hold of it.

It was a nice day for a spin up to the smoke. According to the long term weather forecast, there's going to be a few more of them this year.

Back
Top Bottom