Sawbridgeworth

waterhouse

which is of course in Hertford have pretty reasonable premises in a back street near the town centre.

Tolerably friendly bunch, but despite recording my details in the database, and checking its there several times, never contact me about boring selling-type things like phoning me when there's a demonstrator available.

Perhaps they don't often have them. They also have a £1000 insurance excess on test rides which I found exceedingly concerning, and a 2 hour limit which is short. They will hire for longer - a neat way of earning money from the demonstrator

I think you better tell those boys, that they are bloody dreaming. They need to take themselves outside and have a good word to themselves.

Skippy

:eek: :eek:

No, they're selling BMW's, and everyone knows they sell themselves:rolleyes:

And they don't open on Sundays (fair enough) or Mondays (?)

I do agree with you, BMW's do sell themselves, and they do because they are good gear. But, if I wanted a test ride of a BMW, I would not go to that store. Not when I can go to another store's and take their bikes out for half a day without any problems. It would be interesting, if possible to see which store would sell more bikes??

Best of Luck

Skippy

I do agree with you, BMW's do sell themselves, and they do because they are good gear. But, if I wanted a test ride of a BMW, I would not go to that store. Not when I can go to another store's and take their bikes out for half a day without any problems. It would be interesting, if possible to see which store would sell more bikes??

Best of Luck

Skippy

Gotta say it - so far the guys @ Sawbridgeworth have been great. As far as test riding - they told me to take my time, no hurry, no time limit - and I just turned up on a Saturday morning with nothing booked.

They phoned me when they said they would, made me loads of coffee whilst I browsed and answered all my questions in an unbiased and honest way.

As for closing on Mondays - I suppose it's only a problem if you want to go there on a Monday!! doesn't bother me in the slightest (I'm at work!!!)

Still the test is yet to come - I pick up the new GS on Saturday so I'll soon find out what the after sales service is like.

I shall report!!!!!

getting better.....

I've had mixed experiences with Sawbridgeworth, starting with an R1100S I had before the GS. The bike itself was fine but, to cut a looonnnnngggg story short, the 1st service didn't go too well, culminating in a snotty letter (from me) and a follow-up phone call (from their MD).

However, since then things have gone rather better. My GS test was pretty much unlimited (although that £1000 excess does rather weigh on your mind...). There was also a mix-up over my bike (which was actually a cancelled order) but the sales guys stood by their word despite cash in the bank from someone else. Impressed.

Overall they're a good bunch, but I wouldn't take the bike for a service on Saturdays if you can avoid it, as they are rather (too) busy.
;)

The overall comments on this thread seem to be quite positive. Sawbridgeworth usually get bad press on this site with many bad experiences - there was a long thread a few monts ago cataloging their poor after-sales service, high costs, and general attitude. But, I personally am always prepared to forgive and forget. Let's hope the "new" Sawbridgeworth is here to stay! Bet their still charging the highest BMW hourly bike-workshop rate in the country though.

I've always found them OK. Bought my bike from there, was allowed an unlimited test ride when the excess was still only £500, and they agreed to changing the front wheel and fork brace under warranty back in July.

That reminds me, I must get it booked in to get that done (after the salt's all gone).

And yes Simon, they do still have the highest hourly rate. I'll be doing my own services from now on.

Steve.

Their current hourly rate including VAT is £56 per hour. They quote a price of £275 for a 12000 mile service on the 1150, and £315 for the 24000 service.

Bob

Sawbridgeworth seem a pretty decent bunch of blokes. I also bought an 1100S from them [before I finally came round to the ways of the GS] and they were more then helpful.

At first, they can sometimes appear alloof and almost arrogant, but get to know them (as I think I have a bit) and they are decent blokes who do have your interest at heart. I have always found them very helpful.

I also think that they are quite expensive on servicing. Only found this out when I had to use Cannon a few times (who by the way I cannot fault in the Cust Serv department). My only gripes would be lack of decent loan bikes which I absolutely need - I mean, what is an F650CS all about?? - and an all to often complete lack of dealing with the customer to hand rather than 'that phone call'.

I also intend to do as much servicing as my pea sized an non-mechanical brain can cope with.

Have experienced worse so long may they continue [and improve]

I always got decent enough loners from them. An R850GS, which is why I traded a 10year old K75 in for a new 1150GS. A R1200 Cruiser (no I dont want one, but fun for a loaner for a day). A K1200RS (no I dont want one, but......), A C1 (no I dont want one but.....)

Nope, never had a problem with the loaners.

Bike Bear said:
A C1 (no I dont want one but.....)

Nope, never had a problem with the loaners.

At one time they were only using C1s as loaners. I think they stopped the idea when someone wrapped one round a roundabout or something.

And I know the man who wrapped it around the roundabout, so I get to take the piss out of him regularly :D

Bob

Back
Top Bottom