Morocco: entry and exit procedures at Ceuta/Fnediq

Tim Cullis

Scotland lover
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Putney, London and the Altiplano de Granada
You don't need a VISA or Carnet for Morocco, but must have the original motor registration document (V5) plus your passport. If you don't have green card cover for Morocco you can purchase it per below.

When purchasing your ferry tickets at Algeciras, ask for white Moroccan immigration forms. You need two varients of these, one for entry, one for exit. Use the time on the ferry to complete them.

As you leave Spanish Morocco, you will be directed into a holding area for processing your entry into Morocco. You can safely ignore anyone not wearing either a gun or a pale blue customs uniform. There are lots of touts who are there to relieve you of money in exchange for smoothing your entry, but it's much more of an achievement to get through without 'help'. Also it's often quicker as the touts make everything seem very complex to show you how you need their help.

As of May 2005 the holding area consisted of admin buildings on the left and parking on the right, per plan below (you are entering from the bottom of the plan).

^
|
| Assurance
| Frontiere
|
^
|
| B.M.C.E.
| (bank)
|
^
|
| Passport
| windows
|
^
|
| Portacabin
| offices
|
|

1. Go to the portacabin and get a temporary import form for the bike (Declaration d’Importation Temporaire de Moyens de Transport). This is green and in triplicate. Write down your name (first, family), your nationality, passport number, and number of nights you are staying. Then the bike registration and country (GB), the manufacturer and model, and the chassis number from your V5.

2. Go to the passport window and hand in your passport and white immigration form. You will get a stamp and a number in the passport. Add the number onto the green import form after your nationality (second line).

3. Go to the BMCE bank and change some money. If you don't already have green card cover go to the Assurance Frontiere office to arrange. This will cost 59€ or 558MAD for 10 days and about 80€ for a month.

4. Now go back to the portacabin and hand in the passport, green import form, your V5 and either the green card or the border insurance. The forms will be stamped.

5. Now find the head honcho in the pale blue uniform (probably sitting down somewhere in the shade) to let him see and initial everything.

6. You can now ride forward to the actual customs post, but don't put anything away as you'll need to show everything again.

The return trip is much easier. You need to queue with your passport and white exit form. Then queue again to hand in the two remaining sheets of the temporary import form, one of which will be returned to you.

Tim

This will cost 59€ or 558MAD for 10 days and about 80€ for a month.

ROFL...they saw you coming then!!!

A wee bit of BS and a small modification to our insurance documentation and we didn't pay anything....which is about exaclty what their 'insurance' is worth.

:D :D

Zmeagol
Blimey Riely glad its not complicated, spot on info and very much appreciated, I have a sussex meet organised hopfully for next Wednesday if you can make it that would be great.

I think you said you wanted to come to the last one but Eynsford was on, its on the south east area under West sussex meets.

ATB
Chalky

Fanum said:
ROFL...they saw you coming then!!! A wee bit of BS and a small modification to our insurance documentation and we didn't pay anything....which is about exaclty what their 'insurance' is worth.
You're the fool. I never thought I would find someone on this board (and a moderator at that) advocating riding without public liability and third party insurance! If you think 59€ is expensive, organise cover in the UK instead.

Many years ago I was involved in a very serious car accident in Morocco and had to sit around for three days whilst a hearing was organised in front of a magistrate. I don't think I would have liked to have been reliant on forged papers.

Tim

You're the fool. I never thought I would find someone on this board (and a moderator at that) advocating riding without public liability and third party insurance!

Tim..you didn't read it properly....

The 'insurance' they give you isn't worth the paper it's written on...seriously.

It gets worse the further south you get......totally arbitrary amounts and meaningless bits of paper with official looking stamps on....they don't mean a thing sadly.

The corruption starts at Cueta, but just gets worse as it gets hotter........

I certainnly wouldn't advocate riding without insurance, but then I wouldn't advocate pissing hard earned money down the pockets of a corrupt regime in exchange for a meaningless bit of paper either.

I wasn't having a dig at you Tim, that was an accurate and well described account of the border crossing there :thumb

:)

Fanum said:
I certainnly wouldn't advocate riding without insurance, but then I wouldn't advocate pissing hard earned money down the pockets of a corrupt regime in exchange for a meaningless bit of paper either.
By buying border insurance at a government-controlled crossing, I'm complying with everything the Moroccan government wants in terms of 'Responsabilité civile á l'occasion de la circulation du véhicule', so if there's an accident that I'm held responsible for, then I'm covered. :)

You're not, but at least you have 59€ as the start of your legal fund. :eek:

Tim

Back
Top Bottom