multi-bike

Bengaz

Reaction score
I see a lot of you have more than one bike. Did you have any problems adding the XR onto an existing policy?
I asked my insurance a few years ago and it was way way higher than the 2 policys added together:(

I had the same bother when I was trying to add my XR on to my GSA policy. Most of the quotes were about equal to two separate policies except, as the insurers pointed out, if you go for two policies then you can only have your NCB on one of them. I contacted my current insurer and they did a good deal on adding the XR to my current policy.

No issues for me, but my insurance was due to expire a few weeks later, so they added it for a small premium. I'm with Principal Insurance.

I have five on mine.

What someone else pays is all but irrelevant. I live in central London, you live in the barren north. I am 12 you are 108. I have sixteen motoring convictions, you have none. I do 32,000 miles a year all on business you do three, going to Tesco. I crash daily. You don't.

Just get on and insure your bike. It's not difficult. Chimps (even some who ride a BMW) manage it every day.

I have 5 bikes on my Multi policy with Carole Gash. They told me they calculate the premium based on the highest rated bike (currently the XR) premium very reasonable IMHO

From memory its around £380 in rural North Yorkshire, all fully comp.

I have 5 bikes on my Multi policy with Carole Gash. They told me they calculate the premium based on the highest rated bike (currently the XR) premium very reasonable IMHO

From memory its around £380 in rural North Yorkshire, all fully comp.

Thanks that's helpful I'll try them.

Adding my XR bumped my CN multi bike policy up by about £300 this time

Partly because of the high group & partly because it tipped the total value of my bikes over one of their critical limits

They acknowledge you can only ride one at a time, but also factor in the total value of bikes in your garage if it goes up in flames !

It's all a bit of a try on by the insurers in my experience. They get what they can when they can; a little persistence with your existing company is beneficial. I am also
with Carole Nash, I have a Rider Policy for multiple bikes, and I pay about £400. To be fair to the insurers it's about the value of what you have insured. You could have
3 bikes with a combined value of £30k or 3 bikes with a combined value of £3k. They weigh up what they have to lose if all three get nicked or damaged when your garage
burns down.

Clearly higher value risks warrant a greater premium irrespective of riding behaviour linked to a certain bike.

Eeek! ...... I just read the post above and realise I have practically said the same thing.

It's all a bit of a try on by the insurers in my experience. They get what they can when they can; a little persistence with your existing company is beneficial. I am also
with Carole Nash, I have a Rider Policy for multiple bikes, and I pay about £400. To be fair to the insurers it's about the value of what you have insured. You could have
3 bikes with a combined value of £30k or 3 bikes with a combined value of £3k. They weigh up what they have to lose if all three get nicked or damaged when your garage
burns down.

Clearly higher value risks warrant a greater premium irrespective of riding behaviour linked to a certain bike.

Eeek! ...... I just read the post above and realise I have practically said the same thing.
its still helpful ta

It was simple adding a bike, R1200RS to a single bike (MT09 Tracer) policy. Broker is Devitt, underwritten by KGM. Added £207 to the cost of my policy to get cover for the remaining 9 months. Pro rata, this pretty much doubled the annual premium. One phone call and I had an email with the new documents within an hour.

Mine is up for renewal, it's for three bikes, Panigale, R1200GSA, RD250. The problem is the Panigale, most companies are not interested.

Quoted £1180 from Carol Nash for 2 bikes (multibike). Fck that, didn't even have my lil scootay on it which is another £100 by itself.
So, got bike insured for £300 with current insurer (allowed me to use NCB off other bike). Result!
£650 for 2 bikes.

Back
Top Bottom