18mm Socket plug

Gilson

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having a bit of difficulty starting my DR350 (kick start). I think it's the spark plug cap not making a good connection but cannot tell as I cannot get the spark plug out without an 18mm socket.

The trouble is trying to find one! Halfords don't stock them, 17 and 19mms only and I was hoping either one of you guys has a spare that you'd be willing to sell or if you could point me in the direction of getting one. I've tried several local motofactors and it seems like they are the holy grail!!

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

I bought an 18mm socket from Halfords in Bristol about a fortnight ago. It wasn't a special spark plug socket.

Flaps said:
I bought an 18mm socket from Halfords in Bristol about a fortnight ago. It wasn't a special spark plug socket.

Yer average socket won't be any good for a spark plug though Flaps...it'll need to be a deep one.

I think I've got one around somewhere Gilson.......if you can't find one locally, gimme a shout later and I can try and find it.

B

What you are after is (sic) standard spark plug socket (to us old uns).
7/16"W - 1/2" BS deep socket; Britool # AD820 (3/8 drive).
All 14mm spark plugs had this hex size once upon a time. Any good tool stockist will have one.

It must be an unusual spark size, as the 14mm wouldn't go anywhere near it. Also I really don't understand inches when we start talking in 8ths.......I treated myself to a set of Halfords professional 60 piece socket set. Lovely jubbly....

Took the spark out and it was black but wet with petrol......I'm going to replace to determined how long it stays free of oil. Hopefully it doesn't need new rings. At least I'll get some use out of my new socket set!

Thanks;)

The 14mm refers to the plug thread diameter and is no indicator of the correlation to hex size.

Plug.

Hi mate, Why dont you try Bob at Voyager. Loughton. He's had a few Dr's. Sells all sorts of tools, spares, clothing, ect,. Good luck. Mark.

Back
Top Bottom