Live traffic

Do you mean via smart link?
Had mine on both 5 and 6 and works well for me.

Do you mean via smart link?
Had mine on both 5 and 6 and works well for me.

Yes via the smartlink app but I am asking about the actual notification you get on the screen. On the V you just get the time in a small box to the left but in one of the screenshots of the VI you see the notification to the right with more information. It had a picture of a road and how far away the congestion was.

I was wanting to see if it displays traffic like this

01-live-services.jpg

Smart Link traffic on two levels; one free giving broadcast updates and the other is a paid upgrade. Not bother to pay for the upgrade but the basic option seems to work OK. It gives estimated time for delays and highlights route on map - orange or red depending on delay. Of course traffic delays use "car based" logic so probably don't affect a bike as much if you filter but you do get an avoid option to recalculate the route if a faster route is possible.

Smart Link traffic on two levels; one free giving broadcast updates and the other is a paid upgrade. Not bother to pay for the upgrade but the basic option seems to work OK. It gives estimated time for delays and highlights route on map - orange or red depending on delay. Of course traffic delays use "car based" logic so probably don't affect a bike as much if you filter but you do get an avoid option to recalculate the route if a faster route is possible.

I think Garmin do their live features differently per region from what I understand. Traffic seems to be free here but speed cameras are not.

This screenshot is from the BMW website and looks like they have not updated the interface and still just using the single button. Seems like a real missed opportunity here.

jF2Io2g63hAYh5XPdOkSp-x6ppOX2C_d0aHvz49UEtDjqgm5gD-r37mFRtRaql3SO9cyO0oIQw_xQ4IG9h5Z064BP_AE7Itnfgaagd6e7G3zNG-GWY4ziyZUs87OxX4t9MwqLa2fwC-2N-BaFeyOhuCYZLCm-hJY16nnMmOr-dKs1gAlN6fbcp3HVLr52VGJMOMNND0IOLuOR3rFjFAILawWtTxcpMK1x4vL7xToazzdgtlb4IEG5K02cdtQwdHDyYSN7Qs9Y9QZKMD5k8ltuj3m-GG0pypUgoXzGz0FQN13jh9bVcF9Qe2eKGsudPdBbwh0kzTI3_-P7_YDyWcSont5zgPnEUTnx7dsmagHHxopjAk1J1HG-Jg4HqV8oRROtPwLxkabiVcB1cE0UgZvXpE6Kc2x-nkbxV0Jtf6i97zNF81fQ7eJFTtCDQZrFAiBTn6g5A161m-KC5xI2iY5dEBRtrP-kIJ7iOB5PSmJx4Um2DCymb_n6D631i1kcneoYlRSYW9PjP1HKgiHUa0kDgzN0zPF9vyx5Ya1gVgrr-xR1qnM6q8K0nlzCVDR6qqXpu0lgpqkvsKAGydKF14jWcSgHbQ0jXzmhDLbTq5dtl3eDWW513hcEFTCdIPxjN0ZL4uw4wfKAA=w500-h294-no

Back
Top Bottom